Feedback for v1.8

Please share feedback on the v1. 8 build for your devices and how it is working with application you use.

Refer category description here

Builds will be rolling out in a staggered manner over the next couple of days. It will be released for a few devices at a time.

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v1.8 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v1.8 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v1.8 (Please share the issue details on this thread)

0 voters

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name

• Device name

• Device CodeName

• Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously

• Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

5 Likes

Google
Pixel 4a5g
Bramble
e/OS-1.7-s
Not rooted

All seems to be working well, OTA install. Edited to correct version was at e/OS1.7-s

1 Like

Also did:
OnePlus
Nord
e/OS1.8-r beta
not rooted
No 5G band yet or VoIP calling

1 Like

Google Pixel 3a so far so good

Samsung S8 (dreamlte)
SM-G950F
/e/1.8.0
not rooted
everything seems to be ok

2 Likes

Fairphone
FP3+
FP3
/e/OS 1.7-s-20230111250406-dev-FP3
Not rooted

Apparently it’s working out well … in the end.

There was a little scare :open_mouth: when package installation abruptly switched* after just one minute to a slow-motion version of the start animation (the four blue Fairphone balls), then the e Recovery Version 1.8 () appeared:

Can’t load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. If you continue to get this message, you may need to perfrom a factory data reset and erase all user data stored on this device.

Try again
Factory data reset

Fortunately, “Try again” eventually took me to the nomal, upgraded /e/OS (now: 1.8.1-s-20230203257074-dev-FP3) :relieved: :white_check_mark:

Surprisingly (and temporarily adding to my worries) the whole process (including the unexpected visit to the Recovery and “Try again”) took only 16 minutes.

Already had a phone call right after that, seems everything’s still/again working.

* :exclamation: Additional information: During the process, I switched between German and English in the settings 2-3 times, including right before the scare moment. Might have disturbed the process.

3 Likes

Same
Update went well without the problems described above. Just the package update took more than two hours.

Very nice hint during the update that you can skip a version :+1:

1 Like

Hello, installed 1.8 on my Samsung S9, it is working fine. One minor issue: in the Notification Panel it is not possible to change the color of the active symbols, there is only blue!
Is there a solution to get other colors?
Cheers, Slim

Fairphone
FP4
/e/OS 1.8
Not rooted

No notifications for french media like Le Monde, L’équipe or France Info

1 Like

Asus
Zenfone 8
Sake
e/OS-1.7-s
Not rooted

All seems to be working well, OTA install.

2 Likes

Sony
XZ2 compact
XZ2C
e/OS-1.7-s
Not rooted

Reboot to update was super quick like a normal boot.
Congratulations

2 Likes

Updated to 1.8.1-20230205257804-bardockpro
Everything works fine.
BQ Aquaris X Pro
Previous Version of /e/OS: 1.7-20230111250687
Device is not rooted

1 Like

Xiaomi
Redmi Note 8T
ginko
updated from 1.7 to 1.8.1
not rooted

No issues so far.
Updating Mozc in App Lounge now works.

1 Like

Hello,
my FP4 is running e/OS V1.5-20221030230467. When I try to update the system, I am told “no update found”. But I am telling you that we are at version 1.8.
Does anyone have any idea how to help me update?
Thank you in advance

I run with android 11
e/OS version : 1.5-r-20221030230467-dev-FP4

1 Like

Hello @Frat Are you maybe on stable? stable release has a bit of a delay. You might get it today…

Have look here how to find out:

Xiaomi Mi 9T (davinci) e-1.8.1-q-20230206257879-dev-davinci

1. /e/ Recovery V1.8.1 ‘Q’ does not boot
  2. Both cameras are without function

The identical errors occur as with build e-1.7-q-20230112251029-dev

:mag_right: See more …

Hello Mihi,
thank you for your answer.
Yes i have a stable version but between the 1.5 and 1.8 version there are V1.6 and V1.7 and i had no updates for these versions.

I run with android 11
e/OS version : 1.5-r-20221030230467-dev-FP4

FP4 should have an OTA upgrade from Android 11 to Android 12.

Try manually checking for updates 4/5 times, what happens?

In your build number it says dev, so according to that you have no stable. Why you can’t find any update, I can not tell. Try the usual behavior of touching the icon for couple times. Manoj says at least 4 time. If that does not work and you want to forde it you can try to sideload it. Since you are on A11 R you will need to get familiar with the process if you want to get to A12 S. dev build do not get OS OTA upgrades.

3 Likes

Thank you.
do you think it’s because i use nova launcher ?
Otherwise, i will reinstall e/OS into v1.8…