Feedback for v2.0

FP2, not rooted; Update 1.21-r → 2.0-r-20240509

I’m somewhere between impressed and grateful.
My FP2 updated absolutely smoothly and received once more an extention of its life span.
Thanks a bunch to all contributors!

Tested, no problems: Maps, F-droid, Signal, KeepassDX, Firefox, Mail, Camera, Open Camera, Easybank (AT), FreeOTP+, Ö1, ÖBB, Auxio, LibreViewer, Mullvad VPN, Wifi, Location

After switching back from Open Launcher, the new Bliss seems to run smoothly too.
:100:

• Vendor Name : Samsung
  • Device name : S9+
  • Device CodeName : SM-G965F
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.21
  • Not rooted

Everything went well :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for everyone in the team !

isn’t the new bliss launcher only for the devices with A12 or A13? How did you get it?

Well, perhaps it is still the old one for me.
And I’m mislead by the new Icons and my enthusiasm about v2.0 :wink:

1 Like

For users reporting issues with 2 button navigation, suggest you enable telemetry
Settings >>System >> Developer Options >> Enable /e/OS Telemetry
and create an issue in Gitlab with the details and logs

Which date does Settings - About phone - Android version - Android security update show now for you?
In light of this announced handling of FP2 …

There is Feedback for v2.0.

BTW, how does those telemetry works to link it to an existing bug ? Should I add the Sentry User Id to my tickets or should I extract a way or another the data before adding it to the bug report ?

/e/OS Version: 2.0-r-20240509400072-dev-FP2
Android-Securityupdate: 5. Feb.2024
Build Date: Thu May 9 15:24:38 UTC 2024z
Build Number: e_FP2-user 11 RQ3A.211001.001 eng.root.20240509.152529 dev-keys

It was already off.

I tried installing Open launcher, same issue with it.
Switching back does not not sort it out. I’ll take time later to do a report on Gitlab.

On another topic, I still have the issue of incoming calls being systematically shown as ‘Unknown’ when VoLTE is enabled. Left it disabled for now.

See? A new version is good, and I will applaud /e/OS for still building for FP2, but when it comes to security you gain next to nothing in terms of life span anymore this way, FP2 will be stuck on this level because Android 11 (R) doesn’t get security updates anymore and FP2 can’t be upgraded to Android 12 (S) or further for technical reasons.

I guess your best bet now if you really want to extend the life span of a Fairphone 2 connected to the internet in a possibly halfway responsible manner would be he and his project which shall not be named around here, but backports new security patches to older Android versions, if possible … unobtrusive link :wink: .

1 Like

Vendor: /e/
Device: Fairphone 3+
Previous eOS: 1.92.xxxx (can’t truly remember but it was the update available prior to v2.0)
Not rooted.

I have several screens of apps and some icons have changed to a different location on their respective screens. Not a major issue. For me however the biggest bugbear is having notification/warning number 1’s against 3 apps. LibreAV, Yet Another Call Blocker, and KDE Connect. There is nothing showing as a probable issue with these apps unless it is meant to infer a compatibility issue with v2.0. Just found another minor issue, 2 icons for TuxPaint.

• OnePlus 6t
  • fajita
  • e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-fajita
  • Not rooted

Update was fine. Everything woks as expected. Thanks a lot.

Vendor Name Oneplus
Device name 8T
Device CodeName kebab
Version of /e/OS which existed previously e-1.21-t
Device Not rooted

Update went smoothly, no issue so far. I must faithfully say that I was not a big fan of Bliss (I was using Ruthless launcher) but with the new Bliss release I give it a try, and I’m thinking I’ll keep it :laughing:

Thank you very much to the e-os team, great job :+1: :+1: :+1:

The Seek app pbm (see here) is back.
Additionally, the Maps app has some pbms to update location with WIFI and maybe also with DATA. the operation succeeds 1 out of 5 times with manual refreshing and not automatically. Often I have to restart the phone for the location to change.
I think there is a pbm with advanced location/privacy[1]/GPS.

[1] In the Seek app, the location jumps from one city to another.

I’ve tried 2 times but nothing changes

Same problem here : Updated the phone through the system settings (updater) ; the phone only boots into Fastboot after the update.

Vendor Name: Xiaomi
Device name: Redmi Note 8T
Device CodeName: ginkgo
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 1.21
Is the device Rooted: no

Any idea how to solve the problem, ideally without erasing the phone data? I have not much technical skills.

How did you update your phone?

1 Like

Landscape format: Apps without Icon text

Vendor Name: BQ
Device name: Aquaris X
Device CodeName: bardock
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-bardock
Version of Recovery which existed previously: recovery-e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-bardock
The device is Not rooted

OTA smooth and unproblematic. The old machine runs like a racehorse.
The new BlissLouncher v3.0.1-beta with new wallpaper is integrated.

Vendor Name: BQ
Device name: Aquaris X Pro
Device CodeName: bardockpro
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-bardockpro
Version of Recovery which existed previously: recovery-e-1.21-t-20240324389105-dev-bardockpro
The device is Not rooted

OTA smooth and unproblematic. The old machine runs like a racehorse.
The new BlissLouncher v3.0.1-beta with new wallpaper is integrated.

• Fairphone
  • FP4
  • FP4
  • 1.21-s-20240325389527-stable-FP4
  • NOT rooted

Update 2.0 done on FP4 Stable.
Everything seems to work pretty well.
The launcher icons need to be rearranged, as it now has 6 icons vertically (still 4 horizontally).

Warning: The Telegram Foss icon permanently shows me 1 unread message (small 1 in green on the app icon) because of the permanent notification at the very top next to the time. This wasn’t the case before.
To remove this: Long press on the Telegram notification (on the notification bar) => Settings => click on the blinking field => click on the middle of the line => deactivate “show the notification tab”.

Once those steps done all’s well. I like the new icons.

Hope next step will be the upgrade to A13… :wink:

Thank you very much to all the team! Great job!

2 Likes