Feedback for v2.0

Fairphone
FP3
FP3
e-1.21-t-20240323388918-stable-FP3
Not rooted

Update without problems. No issues so far.
Dear Team, thank you very much for your efforts!

1 Like
Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS previously: 1.21 t stable
The device is: Not rooted

Update went through without problems. Runs smoothly. :slight_smile:

Some minor problems I noticed with the new QR code feature:

• won’t register for QR scanner quick setting (says it’s “being updated”)
  • the button in the camera app is not there, it only appears when I tap the video mode button
  • when the device is held in landscape orientation, the placement field for the code to read is in the lower left corner, partially out of screen
2 Likes
  • Vendor Name: Google
  • Device name: Pixel 6a
  • Device CodeName: bluejay
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: eOS 1.21-t-dev
  • Not Rooted

Update was smooth. Seems no battery drain with this update.
Only little hickup: the weather widget had disappeared with the update, but could be reinstalled as usual.

Great work. Thanks a lot, dear team.

Update on a fairphone 3 worked fine.

However my Nextcloud APP says that it can’t connect to the server(Server isn’t avilable)
How can I fix it?

Pixel 4a 5g
e/os/ 1.21

Hello
I’ve tried 3 times but nothing changes

For me, I used the OTA updater in the System Settings GUI.

@Zac You can probably fix your phone by following what I mentioned in my post. If you managed to follow the install procedure for /e/, you can probably manage this. It’s all from memory, so some details might differ, and I should preface this by saying that I probably don’t know what I am doing:

• Connect to a computer and let the phone boot into Fastboot mode
  • Download the recovery and main image for version 1.21 from the normal /e/ download page (thankfully, it will offer you old versions)
  • Flash the recovery for 1.21 by using fastboot flash recovery <name of 1.21 recovery image on your PC> in your PC’s Terminal
  • Once this is done, reboot your phone into the /e/ recovery, which should now start (I think the command is fastboot reboot recovery)
  • At this point, I may have extracted and flashed boot.img from the /e/ 1.21 image, but maybe that’s not necessary
  • In my case, it complained about not being able to mount /cache, so in Fastboot mode, I wiped that and formatted it and rebooted into /e/ recovery
  • Then I selected the option to flash a system image in the /e/ recovery and used adb sideload to upload and install the image to the phone
  • I rebooted the phone and it booted into the GUI
  • I had to reset network settings from the Settings app to be able to enable WiFi again

If you don’t want to lose user data that’s on your phone, make sure if you follow any guides online that you don’t wipe /data (called a dirty flash). And of course, once get into the system, immediately make a backup if you don’t have one already – the built-in Seedvault backup, which you can find in Settings, can do this for you.

Fairphone | FP3+ | 2.0-t-20240506399547-stable-FP3

After downloading, I tried updating but the window disappeared instantly. I tried a second time, same thing. I thought nothing happened, so I rebooted my phone, and it this seems it’s now in fact updated… But I’m not sure it’s completly finished (and I had a few apps crash).

Can I force the re-install ?

Is there an install log I can consult ?

Check out the release notes.

I saw the quick settings issue already with 1.21 but wasn’t sure which app it uses.

The button is only there when taping(switching) modes, works as intended.

Vendor Name : Murena
Device name : FP4
Device CodeName : FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.21-s
Not rooted

Update to V2.0 took 1 hour. Reboot - uncomplicate :upside_down_face:
So far :+1::ok_hand:. Thank you for your excellent work!

3 Likes
  • Vendor Name -Murena
  • Device name -Murena 2
  • Device CodeName - Murena 2
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - v1.20?
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - do not know

Update took about 30 minutes, with no problems.

My only comment is that I could not find an explanation of the “Wall of shame” in Advanced Privacy. Also the heading was in English, even though my system language is French, as I live in France. Should that not be “Le mur de la honte”?

With thanks

1 Like

Using This one (The one from mediafire download link)
It’s an old version, but it is working for me very well.

I have updated to v2.0, and now I no longer have any audio. I can’t hear anything from Youtube, or phone calls. I am also unable to add the APN for Patriot Mobile, which is on AT&T. I have tried using a couple of AT&T APNs, with no luck. I’ve had the issue with APNs since v 1.20 on. I have a Murena Teracube 2e, from 2021.

I managed to get my audio back, for some reason the volume settings changed upon update.

The qr code scanner that I previously used could be opened using that button. I have uninstalled it though (and rebooted) and the camera app doesn’t seem to register for it.

I mentioned the thing with the code button in the camera app, because I read the description in the release notes, wanted to try it out and just couldn’t find the button until I just randomly tap buttons. I think that others may have the same issue with it, it’s a bit confusing and not really user friendly.

Go to Networks → VPN → Advanced Privacy and there you can find it.
You can tap on an app entry to get more information about what’s going on.

The logic there is inverted though, because it says something like “Turn off [blocking] the trackers that you want to allow”, so disable to enable.

1 Like

Same for me, I watched the live event and then they showed it, that is how I got to understand it :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Hi all,

I haven’t seen any specific post in regards of this regression, so it take the opportunity to make it. @Manoj, fell free to move / close / forward this post if necessary, or had a GitLab link.

After upgrading to v2.0, my screen was set to grid 4x6 instead of the previous 4x5. As a result, all my app icons were remove from the screen.

When trying to restore them via “the swape up to app list”, it appears this function is not working anymore. No settings in the parameter seems able to set " move to app list" for the buttons at the bottom of the screen.

I tried to change from 3 buttons navigation to 2 buttons navigation or gesture navigation ; nothing has made this function working

I’m using a FP3.

Thanks all for your future feedback

1 Like

Well reinstalled the apps, only LibreAV with a 1 against it. Discovered the issue is that it relates to apps running in the background as potential battery drainers. Found three others too. Stopped all of them but not sure if this reduces security. When I reinstalled one of the apps from F-Droid (can’t remember which), an app I had not chosen to install got installed which I removed, “Exploding Blocks” (Tetris clone guessing by the icon.)

Hello,

is there working wifi and touch with motorola G5 cedric?
Last update to 1.21 rendered moto g5 useless as wifi was not operative anymore due to missibg config files.

Has there been a check on this issue before building 2.0? for cedric?

Don’t want to brick it again.