Feedback for v2.0

Go to Settings > About phone > Build number and tap on it seven times. That should make the developer options visible for you in Settings > System.

1 Like

Hi,

I tried to connect to the gitlab to report these issues, but i can’t create an account due to my email adress (which is self-hosted with a personnal domain name).
Do I have to create a commercial useless address to create this account ?

Thanks!

It happens for many users:

Source: https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/report-an-issue#getting-an-error-message-in-new-id-creation-on-eos-gitlab

Getting an error message in new ID creation on /e/OS Gitlab?

• Some users may get an error message, while attempting to create a new ID on the /e/OS Gitlab
  • The error message may ask you to contact Murena at helpdesk@murena.com.
  • In case you run into such an error, please send a mail with the following details
    • Full Name:
    • Desired username:
    • Email:
  • Create a Helpdesk ticket for GitLab account creation
  • Let us explain the reason behind this error. Some time back we had an issue with a large number of dummy IDs swamping our servers. As a preventive measure we now allow registrations from a limited number of email domains. Users wanting to register with their private email address or say their Gmail address, can send a request to helpdesk@murena.com and the team will create an account for them.
1 Like

Oh, busted, i didn’t read all the page :sweat_smile:
Thanks!

Let me point out, that this implies location service just not available. This is severe. It removes one of the most valuable features of a smartphone.

If you own an S9+ I would strongly advise against upgrading to version 2.0.

This issue needs fixing fast. Or I need to buy a new phone…

My PHEV watchdog app sometimes crashes (with error) on the S9+ but it was the same before updating to v2.0… I don’t remember having other apps that crash on it, although i use very few (and rarely) other apps.
Same app doesn’t crash on a Oneplus 5 running Lineage OS 21 (android 14).

Microg is not just an app, it is at the very core of e os. It must work or e os is unusable. Again, urgent issue!

Did you report an issue or check if the issue was already created?

1 Like

For reference … https://doc.e.foundation/de/support-topics/report-an-issue

Google Pixel Tablet (tangorpro)
e-2.0-t-20240508399779-dev-tangorpro.zip installation coming from stock google firmware
Not rooted

• Got a Display Issue with Bliss Launcher
  • everything else seems working

Fairphone 5
IMG-e-2.0-t-20240506399547-stable-FP5.zip installation coming from /e/OS 1.21 t stable
Not rooted

• unstable WLAN Call
  • everything else seems working
2 Likes

It’s perfect on this tablet, love it :heart_eyes:

for the blisslauncher by apps shortcuts added in a further folder.
Is it mandatory to lose some space on the screen ? would it be possible to make this folder size around bigger on height and width ?

I find so much usefull place are lost here

Vendor Name - Fairphone
Device name - Fairphone 4
Device CodeName - FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - 1.21-S
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted - Not Rooted

Update installed without problems but usage resulted in problems:

• Apps are arranged in a 4x5 form changing it to 4x6 completely destroyed the order of the apps which was quite frustrating. It takes a lot of type to correct it. This is the same problem when using safe mode.
  • The arrangement of apps is more difficult than before. It does not place it at the correct position or fuse it together.
  • Icons for websites (shortcuts for browser) are buggy as mentioned by other users.

Other points:

• Battery problems still existing.
  • I can’t see any advantages coming with v 2. Maybe the priorization is not as I would define it:
    • Removing google would be a high priority. (see Kuketz for reference)
    • Security and faster updates as well.
  • Advanced privacy still has many problems. It uses APKMirror though I disable open source apps and PWAs. These options do not have any effects.
2 Likes

Gigaset
GS290
2.0-s-20240514401452-stable-GS290
Not rooted

Following the update, an old issue reappeared. The message: “com.mediatek.ims.app.ImsApp stops systematically” which causes a problem sending SMS.

• Google
  • Pixel 4a
  • Sunfish
  • /e/OS 1.21-r-20240323388914-stable-sunfish
  • Not Rooted
    I tried to apply the 2.0 update. It downloads and tries to install. When I click the reboot button, it reboots to Fastboot Mode and stays there. When I press Start / power button, it reboots to 1.21. Is there something I should be doing when it reboots to Fastboot Mode?

Please report …

I can’t seem to locate Rooted Debugging in the Developer settings. My Pixel 4a is not rooted. Is this why Rooted Debugging is not listed in the Developer Settings?

I tried running adb logcat >/tmp/log in a terminal, but no results are returned.

Hi everybody,

on my side, still no issue to download the new version (some minutes) and to install it (just some minutes, perhaps 5 min).

• Vendor Name : Samsung
  • Device name : A5 2017
  • Device CodeName : a5y17lte
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : v1.9
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not Rooted

I noticed some issues (some were already there in 1.9 & previous) :

• I don’t see the QR Code tool in Camera app
  • NFC doesn’t work (like in any previous version)
  • Unfortunately no v3 for Bliss Launcher :frowning:
  • Like in v1.9, as soon as I start a call, the network switch to lower speed (2G or perhaps 3G) so internet is not available anymore
  • Still with this version CityMapper doesn’t work (start but does nothing)
  • Since 1.17 or 1.18, impossible to have access to voice messaging in the call app. I have to call my voice messaging

For the others functions/apps, I didn’t noticed issue after 1 month and I just upgraded to 2.1

Edit

I think it the case that Rooted Debugging is not available in a stable device. Confirmed here.

On a dev build.

My phone is unrooted; the above is a way of giving root to Android Debug Bridge only, on an unrooted (dev) device.

I do not quite understand why the command is written this way. I previously used the command from https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/create-a-log.html.

I run $ adb logcat -d > logcat.txt to create a file called logcat.txt in the current folder.

However they ask for and I tested adb logcat >/tmp/logcat.txt I get permission denied as the file is going to the root of my system (did you look there?);

adb logcat >logcat.txt works but I have to press ^C to stop.

(There is also logcat -h – like all adb logcat commands only works with a device connected.)

1 Like

Hi,

Just to inform that today I have tried again, and the hotspot function works.
Since last trial mentioned in the above post, I have only rebooted the phone few times in several days, but no other changes (OpenVPN is ON).
Hotspot + browsing to murena website works, so I close the topic