Feedback for v2.0

Vendor: Fairphone
Device: Fairphone 3+
Device codename: FP3+
Previous version: 1.21
Device is not rooted

When I Come back to home screen in gesture mode, there is a small lag.

Also when I browse a page (exemple, this forum) with Firefox, when I scroll down the pages, it doesn’t flow smoothly, it jerks.

1 Like

Can you access the recents apps?

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e/OS 1.21 stable
The device is not rooted

All well here, except the already mentioned issue with the two button navigation layout.
It’s not possible to get to the app overview.
3 button layout is working fine.

I sometimes had that issue when switching Launcher, after a restart it worked again.

1 Like

Fresh flash !

I found this that appear when i’m on the widget panel :

And when i go into an “apps folder” :

Also I Cannot connect /e/Mail to an hotmail account it stuck here :

Same thing with /e/Mail ans hotmail with another phone (Oneplus 8T 2.0-t)

I’m using the old version of Trebuchet from This link (mediafire one)

Good morning community, I manually upgraded my xiaomi Redmi note 9 pro to 2.0 over recovery. Looking good! Thanks /e/OS developers, awesome work! (taking off my hat and making a deep bow)
So far everything works like a charm. It’s fast, good looking and the new customising and security functions are great. The Spotify issue is solved!
The only thing I have noticed is when using 2 button navigation the swipe up function to see all open apps isn’t working. I found a workaround by configuring doubletap home button to see all open apps.
I still can’t access my Hotmail from the mail app though but that’s not a big deal for me.
Will keep checking and reporting. Again, kudos and congratulations to the whole /e/OS team for this awesome upgrade :+1:

That’s also as far as I get too. I’ve been using Outlook because of this.

There’s an option among the Developer settings, the first in the Apps section, “Don’t store activities” (or similar, mine is German). Is this on or off?

As far as I detected a lot of functionality depends on that damned option, also the behavior of the apps list on the square button and navigation on screen. This option must be off - yes, do store activities.

1 Like

Hi !

Mine was already on off sadly. So it isn’t depending on this sadly

I had the same issue, but instead of using Outlook app (which is full of trackers) I just use the regular K9 app (from which the /e/ mail app is forked), and it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I’ll give it a try :+1:

Have tried an other launcher, it’s nor working

But you rebooted the device?

• Vendor Name: Samsung
  • Device name: S8
  • Device CodeName: dreamlte
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: E/os 1.21 r
  • Not Rooted

Update went smooth without any issue. Everything seems to work fine, even though i didn’t notice any big changes (I think they will come with the android jump to A12)

The only strange thing is with AntennaPod (my podcast app player) doesn’t show the notification icon in the status bar while I play an episode. It’s the only app with this issue I notice up to now.

EDIT: after a better check I see that every app that reproduces audios doesn’t show notification icon in the status bar, up on the left corner

FP2, not rooted; Update 1.21-r → 2.0-r-20240509

I’m somewhere between impressed and grateful.
My FP2 updated absolutely smoothly and received once more an extention of its life span.
Thanks a bunch to all contributors!

Tested, no problems: Maps, F-droid, Signal, KeepassDX, Firefox, Mail, Camera, Open Camera, Easybank (AT), FreeOTP+, Ö1, ÖBB, Auxio, LibreViewer, Mullvad VPN, Wifi, Location

After switching back from Open Launcher, the new Bliss seems to run smoothly too.
:100:

• Vendor Name : Samsung
  • Device name : S9+
  • Device CodeName : SM-G965F
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 1.21
  • Not rooted

Everything went well :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks for everyone in the team !

isn’t the new bliss launcher only for the devices with A12 or A13? How did you get it?

Well, perhaps it is still the old one for me.
And I’m mislead by the new Icons and my enthusiasm about v2.0 :wink:

1 Like

For users reporting issues with 2 button navigation, suggest you enable telemetry
Settings >>System >> Developer Options >> Enable /e/OS Telemetry
and create an issue in Gitlab with the details and logs