Feedback for v2.1

hi @winkman,

Thanks for your reply, sadly this doesnt work for me…
It would also undermine the privacy aspect of staying in airplane mode to not connect to celltowers to find out your location.

But i dont get how an OS update is rolled out while these level of bugs are still in them(software engineer here).
I literally have been resetting my phone every 15min the last days…

@Manoj can you please look into this critical issue?

Thanks in advance

Phone: Fairphone 5 (from the e/OS Store)

Issue 1
Callers get tagged as “Unknown”, even contacts I have saved. I have turned the “Block calls from unidentified callers” off. Turning the feature on and off does not help. This started the day I updated to 2.1.

Issue 2
Trying to remove a number from the blocked numbers list in the e/OS SMS app results in me being taken back to the overview of the numbers, then if I try again, the app crashes. Removing numbers from the phone app/call app functions (why do they have separate block lists?).

Hello,

SAMSUNG
Galaxy S7
Herolte
/e/OS 2.1
Not rooted

Account manager sync often ends up producing a davx5-debug.zip file.
I can’t send it to gitlab since there is personal stuff in it.
Is there a mean to anonymize it ?
Other than that, no extra problem but still the annoying echo in call when speaker is on.

1 Like

:x: e-2.1-t-20240605406922-dev-gta4l
:x: e-2.0-t-20240508399779-dev-gta4l
:x: e-1.21-t-20240324389105dev-gta4l

:bangbang:The solution N°2 to the problem

:white_check_mark: lineage-21.0-20240616-nightly-gta4l-signed
:white_check_mark: lineage-21.0-20240607-microG-gta4l
:white_check_mark: iode-5.1-20240614-gta4l by @ronnz98

:x: Do not work (!)
:white_check_mark: works fine (!!)

Hi,

Device Name : Fairphone 5
Device Code Name : FP5
Previous version of /e/OS: 2.0-t-stable
Device is not rooted

Update to 2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5 with no problems.
Everything I’m using is working on the phone.

On my Laptop (connected over USB-Tethering) there is now a 5-7seconds lag for the Internet-connection since 2.1. My Laptop Setup has not changed.
Anyone else see this?

The firmware is T500XXS7CXB1. (BIT 7)

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 2.0-t-20240508399779-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 2.1-t-20240605406922-dev-FP3.

The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Geolocation: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Geolocation - Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Use assisted GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
3 Likes

Vendor Name: Google
Device name: Pixel 4a5g
Device CodeName: bramble
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.0t
Is the device Rooted: Not rooted

All is well :grinning:

Thanks a lot !

Exactly, I’ve noticed that this consumption is systematically high. Attached are a few screenshots taken over the days.

I’ve gone from a battery life of 2 days or more, to just 1 day, 1 day and a half max.

Any ideas ?

I haven’t dare try this update on my FP5 yet after reading some of these messages… do we know if the devs have a revision of this update incoming based on current feedback?

Fairphone 3+
FP3
Update from v2.0-t-stable to v2.1-t-stable
Not rooted

Update straightforward and completed within 40 minutes.

Initial testing of basic functions & apps shows these appearing to be working fine: wi-fi, mobile data, bluetooth, GPS, phone, message, mail, browser, camera, app lounge and various other apps.

All looking very good so far, thanks again for all the good work.

@Manoj

• Vendor name: Fairphone
  • Device name FP5
  • Device Code name: FP5
  • Version of /e/OS: /e/OS 2.1-t
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: no root
  • Under Settings → Display → Dark design → Pure black does not work.

• Then the power consumption of the displqy seems to be very high. More than under the stock software.

• the adjustment of the display brightness is always too high, even in the apartment it is always at 51% and that is way too high, the manual adjustment does not help either because it is always adjusted again immediately.
    If you set the brightness from auto to manual and then back to auto, the sensor recognizes the correct brightness and adjusts the display accordingly, but after a short time it returns to 51% brightness.

• standby energy consumption is far too high. Under stock I only needed to charge my FP5 for 2-3 days, now I’m only at 18 hours, even though Google and everything else is gone.

These are the 4 problems I have noticed.

I went straight from stock to /e/OS 2.1. Bootloader is also locked.

LG

KRYtonCore

Checking if the issue with FP5 has already been reported on Gitlab

Do not see an issue created. Pl can one of the impacted FP5 users create an issue in gitlab with details. Developers can then check for the reason for this regression.

If your problem persists and no solution comes up here, you might also want to give it a try over in the Fairphone Community forum (make sure to mention you’re on /e/OS). There’s a permanent topic on all things hearing aids and Fairphones.

1 Like

I have t he same issue with Blocked callers on FP4, with the same results as you. If you need to remove a block, install Fossify Message, make it your default and import your existing messages, then you can delete the cache and data of the original app, and then switch back.

The four ticks are created.
However, when I look at the complete post here, the power consumption of the OS seems to be rather high for all users, and it doesn’t seem to be a device problem either, as the increased consumption affects a wide variety of devices (Asus, Google, Fairphone, etc.)

1 Like

Just my experience:

Twice, since the 2.1 update, my phone has discharged to below 15% overnight while I was in bed. I have yet to figure out what is doing it.

Vendor Name: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S9+
Code name: star2lte / SM-G965F
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.0 R stable

Upgraded to 2.1 S four days ago.
Now the battery time is 34 hours.
Before the battery time was about 6 days !!!

Battery use says Android OS(17%) and WAKELOCK(16%). I have never before seen them,

1 Like

@Blars …same issue…

@Mumster normally i wait too to prevent all kinds of issues but now i screwed up by updating way to early… Still no fix and restarting my phone every damm 15minutes…