Feedback for v2.1

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: FP5
Device Code Name: fairphone-fp5
Version of /e/OS: /e/OS 2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP5
Is the device rooted: Not rooted (from the /e/OS Store)

I have used my FP5 daily since the latest update and it keeps restarting at random, even during calls. It has happened when I was in a call, when I browsed my files, when I texted in Signal, browsed the internet +++

I have used the factory reset function, but still have the same problem.

@StigtriX what steps did you do to securely backup all your files/apps before you did the factory reset? Do you advice to factory reset when i have problems with this update?

@fairiphono
I just saved my backup for contacts, Birdly, Notally and NewPipe + pictures to my Linux PC and Proton Drive. I don’t mind reinstalling the other apps I use, as they do not contain data that I can lose.

Hi. On my FP4 (2.1-t-20240603406607-stable-FP4) with Lawnchair (but version 1.2.1.2001) a long tap on the raw bottom-left make a system reboot.
Can you reproduce this behaviour?

I’ve noticed that I can’t hide the persistent “Your Pebble is connected” notification for the Pebble app since I updated to 2.1. I can turn them off for the app in Settings, but they still show up. I can long-press the notification, tap “Turn off notifications,” and then toggle off the slider and tap “Apply,” and the notification goes away… But only for a short while. Then it comes back and when I do the same thing again, the slider is back in the “on” position, like the first time didn’t take. And I’ve been doing that for over a month.
If I long-press the notification and tap “More” instead of “Apply” then it takes me to the Settings screen where I can see that notifications have already been disabled for the app, but they’re still showing up.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it didn’t help.

A couple of issues:
Google
Pixel 6 Pro
Raven
It was an Amazon refurbished - so I suspect the most recent “official Google” version.
not rooted

I just received it two days ago, and immediately loaded /e/ 2.1. The install went fine, except that the sideload hung at 15%. After an hour, I decided it wasn’t going any further, and restarted the sideload. It loaded fine the second time.

I relished the idea of de-googling a google phone.
First question: The phone has four cameras, counting the front facing, and one with optical zoom. /e/ only allows access to the front and one back camera. Which one is it? Is there any way to select? Is there any way to control the optical zoom?

Bleeding Edge question: I tried a number of sip phone apps, as my wireless service is data-only. The sip phone apps connect to a asterisk server at my office (basically, making it an extension on our phone system). But although I made each the ‘default’ phone, calling out still defaults to normal cellular service through the old phone app, and not through the sip app. How would I disable (hopefully remove) the old phone app?

Speaking of bleeding edge, I have also loaded Android Auto (so much for deGoogling). It all seems to work, except for the default phone issue.

Thanks for great work. No to install the ‘personal cloud’ software.

• Vendor Name: Google
  • Device name: Pixel 4 (Mod. G020M (Global, International))
  • Device CodeName: flame
  • Version of Stock which existed previously: 13.0.0 (TP1A.221005.002.B2, Februar 2023)
  • My device is Not rooted

Android T (13)

Relocking failed (three attempts)

:warning:
Can’t find valid operating system.
The device will not start.

Locking the bootloader

In /e/OS recovery main screen:

1. Select Advanced
  2. Select Reboot to bootloader

Once the device is in fastboot mode:

1. Verify your PC finds it by typing:

fastboot devices

Tip:* If you see no permissions fastboot while on Linux or macOS, try running fastboot as root.

1. Download the avb custom key
  2. Erase the previous key fastboot erase avb_custom_key
  3. Flash the new key previously downloaded fastboot flash avb_custom_key pkmd_pixel.bin
  4. Lock the device fastboot flashing lock
  5. Use the volume key to select Lock the bootloader

Reboot the device

1. Use power button to Start the device

The installation was carried out step-by-step according to the /e/Documentation. Relocking was carried out as described above (quoted from the /e/Documentation)

Relocking failed (three attempts)

The avb custom key blocks the reboot. After I had unlocked the bootloader again, /e/OS-T started without failure.

INFO

Then I installed iodéOS 5.2 (7/2024) on the same device. There, the avb custom key is integrated in the CustomROM and does not have to be installed separately. The Pixel 4 (flame) started flawlessly with iodéOS 5.2 and the bootloader locked again - just as it should be.

Yes, but it doesn’t pass safety net ?!

The LineageOS installation instructions for this device, do not mention relocking the bootloader. This usually means that - for LineageOS at least - it is not possible to relock the bootloader and have the device work.

I know that the /e/ OS installation instructions do say you can, and the list in this post also says it is possible for this devcie and Pixel 4xl . But errors in the /e/ documentation are not unknown, and there is no evidence or citation given in the forum post, which also says that relocking is not possible for Pixel 4a, which is pretty similar to this device.

Given all of that, I think it is likely that relocking the bootloader after installing /e/OS (and having the device work after relocking) is not possible.

(I’d be happy to revisit this assessment if anyone has successfully relocked the bootloader after installing /e/OS and has /e/OS working).

LineageOS does not support unlocking the bootloader on any Google Pixel device. Other Android CustomROM distributions, however, do, e.g. CalyxOS, iodéOS, GrapheneOS.

Yeah, the /e/documentation is very buggy. I only use it to test it. Otherwise I install /e/OS my way.

It’s strange that an device-specific ‘avb custom key’ of the Google Pixel 5 (redfin) is identical to that of the Google Pixel 4 (flame) und Pixel 4 XL (coral):
** identical file name, identical download URL:**

P 5 (redfin): 2. Download the avb custom key
https:// images.ecloud.global/stable/pkmd_pixel
P 4 (flame) 2: Download the avb custom key
https:// images.ecloud.global/stable/pkmd_pixel
P 4 XL (coral) 2: Download the avb custom key

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: fairphone-fp5
Version of /e/OS: /e/OS 2.1-t-20240605406922-dev-FP5
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

The Signal App doesn’t work anymore since the update to 2.1. In the beginning I got proximately 10 seconds before shut down, now the App shuts down immediately after opening the app.

Can’t confirm this. Signal works on my FP5 with /e/OS 2.1 as good as it did with earlier versions. I use it daily and haven’t observed any problem.

1 Like

Hi,

here :

cheers

Thanks,
I reported the issue.

• Vendor Name Oneplus
  • Device name nord avicii
  • Device CodeName avicii
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously 2.0S
  • device Not rooted

Updated OTA… from 1.7 to 2.1 via OTA, update after update.

seem all working pretty good, just some slower animation when closing the apps…

Samsung
S8
SM-G950F
Upgrade from 2.0-r to 2.1-r OK
Many thanks !

Hello, the launcher became very slow until the version 2.1 has been installed.
My device is a GS290

So 2.1 fixed it?
If not, 2.2 stable should be only a few days away for your device.

I have made a mistake in my bad english. I wanted to say “very slow since the version 2.1 has been installed”. I did’nt have that issue w/ the previous version.
Very sorry

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Motorola
  • Device name: One Action
  • Device CodeName: troika
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: eos 1.20-t
  • device Not rooted

No problems up to now (updated it one week ago). Thanks to the team!