Feedback for v2.2

@ralxx that’s for me. I answered you on gitlab. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
No.
I updated earlier this afternoon.
Phone, text, photo, storage, notes, email, my frequently used apps all checked out ok.

Best.

Vendor: Samsung
Device name: Galaxy S8
Device CodeName: dreamlte
Update from 2.1-r stable to 2.2-r stable
Rooted: No

The geolocation icon remains displayed on top of the screen even if geolocation is deactivated.

After updating to v2.2 the most apps have no internet connection anymore (browser, banking app, chat clients like element and telegram …). Mobile data and WLAN are running.

Vendor name: Murena
Device name: Fairphone 3+
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.1-t-dev
eOS version: 2.2-t-20240715417772-stable-FP3
device is not rooted

Thank you very much for sharing your update experience.

• Vendor Name : FairPhone
  • Device name : FairPhone 3+
  • Device CodeName : FP3+
  • Version of /e/OS : v2. 2
  • Not rooted

I have some troubles since i updated to 2.2.

First, the battery drains very fast. I have to charge twice a day since i installed 2.2. Before i only charged once, and i still had 30 or 40% battery.

Davx5 and the OpenTask app do not work in background, even if i give them the permission to use battery in background without restriction.
I have to open Davx5 for it to sync (scheduled sync do not happen at all).
I have to open OpenTask to get notifications. It won’t show any notification if the app is not open in foreground.

Note: with 2.1, i had the issue with davx5, but it was fixed by an app update. The issue appeared again after upgrading to 2.2. (and according to app lounge, these apps are up to date).

PS: opening Davx5 could also trigger OpenTasks notification. I guess it somehow activate the app.

Edit: all these issues seems to be fixed after having followed this procedure (shutdown, remove battery more than 10 seconds, reboot). That is really weird, because i already rebooted the device 3 or 4 times since the 2.2 update. How can the battery removal fix such issues?? Was it a loop somewhere in a hardware component that was using CPU, preventing the OS to do some background tasks?

I’m using whatsapp too and a one option to use it without allowing access to contacts is using Chatlaunch for whatsapp from the f droid store. It allows you to add a phone number and start a conversation without the contact permission, just add every number one by one. You will still have the media access issue and your friends won’t receive the notification saying you joined whatsapp recently…
This way, you won’t have to use 2 users and your parental control will work. A solution on a short laps of time of course.

You rebootet your device already I assume.
You may check APN settings of your mobile connection versus those of your provider, these settings sometimes get mixed up unintendedly during update.
Cleaning cache of apps might help as well.

Thank you for your support.

Yes, I rebooted the device several times.

APN settings are ok and the problem belongs also to WiFi but not for every APP.
“FOSS Wetter” is working with mobile data and WiFi, but e.g. Telegram not.

“Sygic” is working with mobile data and WiFi but “Maps” not.

Also my banking app is not working and this is a huge problem for me.

Best regards

Volker

1 Like

Bug: My camera app wont let me make a photo. Black screen with error message “failed to start camera preview”. Videos possible.

FP4 newest eOS version 2.2-t-.
Bug since a few daiys

Google
Pixel 5
Redfin
v2.1
Not rooted

No issues with update to v2.2, everything I use in working order.

Vendor: OnePlus
Device: 9
Code Name: lemonade
Previous e/OS: 2.1-t

Working for the most-part, but swiping up from the navigation bar does not enter the app switcher view and kind of crashes to the launcher home page. I am using Nova Launcher and 2-button navigation and am able to open the app switcher using the double-tap option.

Maybe you actually have two Camera apps ?

Regarding /e/OS default Camera app – please try this:

Open the default Camera app > Settings icon, top right, > Scroll to foot > Settings manager > Reset settings

Vendor: Teracube
Device name: 2e
Device Codename: Emerald
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: v2.1-s-20240603406609-stable-emerald

OTA update with no problems. Device is working correctly.

1 Like

Gigaset
GS290
2.2-s-20240715417774-stable-GS290
Not rooted

After installation of 2.2-s apps Nedis Smart Life 1.5.0 and Denver Smart Home 1.1.2 (both from App Lounge) started to very be slow and often non-responsive and freezing. Also noticed with previous problem with SIM PIN delay: if I press back key on key pad before putting first PIN number, there is no delay in typing the PIN. I accidentally noticed this after installing the 2.2-s, don’t know if this would had worked with previous /e/OS versions. Otherwise 2.2-s seems to work fine.
(app version numbers edited)

This is related to the active RAW format. Choosing JPEG as image format in photo settings will re-enable the preview.
Anyway, it’s a bug…

Please try … open Camera app, then from Camera app

Settings icon, top right > Scroll to foot > Settings manager > Reset settings

Vendor Name : Fairphone
Device name : Fairphone 4
Device CodeName : FP4
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously : 2.0-t => 2.1-t => 2.2-t
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : not rooted

Everything looks fine. New features (like the fairphone camera app) are cool !

1 Like

Please add the following details
Vendor Name Gigaset
Device name GS290
Device CodeName GS290
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously:
1.21.1-s-20240326389527-stable-GS290
Is the device Rooted/ Not rooted

Using OTA
2 issues,

1. on this model phone the hands of the clock in the launcher are too small, and
  2. the implementation of the pop up warning for Parental Control when there is a guest user. The button for Discard does not work. Neither does the gesture to go back.
    I would like to suggest 3 options there: cancel, discard and remove user

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Current Version of /e/OS: 2.2-t (stable)

On overall, the phone is working well.
2 issues:

• Random reboot to the boot animation.
  • The camera app. is unable to save pictures when the RAW mode is enabled (either in JPEG+RAW or RAW only).