Feedback for v2.2

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 5
Device CodeName: FP5
Current Version of /e/OS: 2.2-t (stable)
Rooted: No

The random crashes on to bootanimation which send back to lockscreen is still here.

I’m under 2.2 now ! Is it normal that i can’t change my icons style anymore ? There’s only background and grid options now… Plus Material You doesn’t seem to work properly, no material you color options. Nothing unlivable though.

Yes, Fairphone’s stock camera works, too.

However, I don’t agree that the GCAM guys are in charge. It used to work with /e/OS 2.1, then /e/OS 2.2 was installed which obviously contains changes to the camera part and now GCAM is broken.

The GCAM guys will argue exactly like you: it used to work before, /e/ changed something in the camera part, you have to ask them - and I couldn’t disagree :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

filepath data/lineageos_updates could be correct.
But I get no content if I use the command “ls”

Maybe it would be a good idea to have in the updater menu the possibility to delete
the download, especially if there is an error like this checksum I encountered.

Thanks a lot,
Regards

Vendor Name Fairphone
Device name Fairphone 4
Device CodeName FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.1 stable
The device is Not rooted

New FP4 camera works. Also works stock eOS camera. What doesn’t work anymore is the camera to read the QR code in the app LepidaID, an italian identification app. The camera section open and then freeze.
I have tried to clear cache and storage of the app. Also tried restart the phone without the FP camera. Tried to reinstall the app. Nothing change.
A similar app, CieID works without problem. Also, I have no problem with Telegram photos.

1 Like

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 3
Device CodeName: FP3
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 2.1-t-20240605406922-dev-FP3
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

No issue with updating, now on 2.2-t-20240717417775-dev-FP3.

The following things work for me:

• Call / be called
  • Send SMS / receive SMS
  • Notification LED
  • Alarm
  • Internet via Wi-Fi
  • Internet via mobile network
  • Wi-Fi hotspot
    • Settings - System - microG - Self-Check: all ok, including location permissions
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Request from Hotspot: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Wi-Fi location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Request from Mozilla: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Mobile network location - Remember from GPS: enabled
    • Settings - System - microG - Location - Location server - Use /e/OS’s location system: enabled
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Geolocation: Exposed
    • Settings - Advanced Privacy - Geolocation - Use my real location
    • Settings - Location - Use assisted GPS: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Wi-Fi scanning: enabled
    • Settings - Location - Location Services - Bluetooth scanning: disabled
    • Settings - Location - App location permissions - “Allowed only while in use”: Apps are listed
  • Compass
  • Screenshot
  • Main camera (original FP3 Camera module, not +) photo + video
  • Selfie camera (original FP3 Top module, not +) photo + video
  • USB connection to PC / MTP
  • MyPhoneExplorer 2.1
  • Bluetooth (music playback, data connection)
1 Like

Same thing with the QR & Barcode Scanner app. It freezes completely since 2.2 and the introduction of a new photo app for FP4.

Vendor Name: Lenovo
Device name: yoga tab3 plus wifi
Device CodeName: YTX703F
Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: /e/OS 2.1-R
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: Not rooted

So far so good, no issue detected, except the lack of parental control in settings app. Could be an issue in case of family sharing tab.

R didn’t get parental control

1 Like

On my FP4, i use for QRcode the GrapheneOs App Camera : app.grapheneos.camera (version 68)

1 Like

Google Pixel 5 Redfin

KO for my Pixel5 (purchased in /e/-shop) not rooted.
It was upgraded with 2.2-t stable release (updated from 2.1 to 2.2 (2.1-t-20240715417772-stable-redfin) with e_redfin-user 13 TQ3A.230901.001 eng.root.20240715.203953).

To be noted : upgrade to e-2.1-t-stable locked at “reboot preparation” at 50% during 40mn for a total time about 1h30.
Also, 2 reboots were needed before internet access can work correctly (wifi or data).
Here, the upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 took only 45 mn with 1 reboot.

The camera issue blur (described here or there ) is still here : when I take a picture with lens1 the final picture is blurry when I’m in “manual” mode.

also the Seek ( & iNaturalist) app cannot find any position (Wifi and/or Data on).

Vendor Name : Samsung
Device name : galaxy s10+
Device CodeName : beyond2lte
Version of /e/OS : 2.1-t
Rooted : No

By me is an issue that the keypad of phone app is disturbed when a BL headset is bound.
happens with jabra evo2 65 really strong.
need to wait some couple of minutes (don’t know exactly how much), after it is bound and then we remarks that the sound quality get worse on the headset, and the keypad is not really reactive.
Strange is that the display control seems to be fine (but don’t know exactly if it somehow worse too).

Connection with handset is a little strange. by headset disconnect, the reconnection don’t work till the headset is restarted (off/on).
The device has bluetooth 5.0 with HSP v1.2 , HFP v1.7, A2DP v1.3, AVRCP v1.6, PBAP v1.1, SPP v1.2.

Until now is has worked perfectly. It went worse with the v2.2 of eos

(troubleshooting topic is created here then : Eos v2.2 bring some instability with bluetooth v5.0)

For me Fennec browser read the QR code. LepidaID seem the only app with problem.

Hi,

I have updated to 2.2 both:
Gigaset GS290
Samsung Tab S5e LTE SM-T725

So far so good, but there is one behaviour that I would like to improve:
when you switch from an app to the “home” by pressing the round navigation button, there is animation reducing the full window of the app to its icon. I find it slow on both devices. Is it possible to remove that animation?
In settings, I have found “Remove animations”, but the switch is already selected in my devices, and that animation is present …

Thank you in advance for any help / suggestions

Interesting.
For me the App quickly slides down out of view to reveal the home screen behind it.

A launcher thing then? I’m using Lawnchair 12.1.0 Alpha 4.

bonjour,

Teracube 2e fourni par Murena, e/os 2.1

suite avis dispo hier de la 2.2 par OTA, difficultés de téléchargement interrompu puis repris, puis dans le doute, la vérification m’ayant parue trop rapide sur le tél, suite des vérifications sur PC Linux, discordances lors de vérifications du cheksum du zip, sha256 et mdsum. Je vais attendre de meilleures conditions de réseau tél/internet pour re-télécharger.
Ce sera donc avec contrôle sur ordi avant installation réelle.

Il y avait peut-être affluence de téléchargements ?

cordialement
voir pour la suite (ici c’est l’aspect OTA/serveur) le sujet amorcé sur Trop rapide verification telechargement mise à niveau 2.2

Fairphone 3+
FP3
Update from v2.1-t-stable to v2.2-t-stable
Not rooted

Update straightforward and completed within 40 minutes.

Initial testing of basic functions & apps shows these appearing to be working fine: wi-fi, mobile data, bluetooth, GPS, phone, message, mail, browser, camera, app lounge and various other apps.

All looking very good so far, thanks again for all the good work.

1 Like

Ive updated my Fairphone 5 succesfully to eOS 2.0 and i have also update the phone to 2.2.

But the last few days i noticed that the phone seems te be rebooting automatically when i use my browser or another app on the phone.
The screen goes black and i see the murena logo. After that my screen get locked and after i login with my fingerprint my browser or app that is was using is closed.
So i don;t know what hapening or why my phone crashes.

I’m using lawnchair too and the app slides down to reveal the home menu exactly as you explained it. I switched to bliss to check, there is a different animation. Maybe adding a special option ?? :person_shrugging:

OK. I miss.that.
Thanks for.your swift answer