Feedback for v2.3

It should be the same for all, I have 05.07.2024 with v2.3. As long as it is not older you should be fine from my understanding.

1 Like

Hello again,

it seems so that my Murena Fairphone 4 doesn´t get an update from 2.2 to 2.3.

Is here someone with a Fairphone 4 who has received an update to 2.3?

Christoph

Have also not received an update for my FP4

1 Like

No need to worry.
The FP4 gets usually updated towards the end of the staggered release cycle.
If it gets no update then there is a reason that gets communicated here.

2 Likes

Hi guys, the same “off center” display being seen with 2.3 as well.

• Samsung
  • Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
  • gta4xlwifi
  • v2.3
  • Not rooted

Pictures: Feedback for v2.0 - #319 by sethro

Same here.

BlissLauncher is still version 3.0.1-beta, like on previous /e/OS 2.x updates.

BlissLauncher3 saw the creation of a dedicated developement branch for tablet.
I’m no gitlab user so I’ve trouble understanding if there’s been any activity around this specific developement.

The stable builds come out a little later than the dev builds. The dev build of 2.3-t is already out for the FP4 so as long as nobody finds any major issues with that, then the stable build will follow shortly.

2 Likes

yes, there is :

1 Like

GOOD !
Let’s hope it gets merged for the next update !

Is the reboot/murena logo crash issue fixed in this version for the FP5?

Updated friday night, no problems have occured since then. Happy with /e/OS :slight_smile:

Fairphone | FP3+ | FP3 | previously on /e/OS 2.2-t-20240717417775-dev-FP3 | not rooted

@Enav72 @AnonymerUser Fairphone users, bear in mind the stable version always comes a few days after the dev version. If you bought your Fairphone with /e/OS pre-installed, you are on the stable version. Otherwise look up your version at Settings > About phone > /e/ OS version

You can also check availability of updates here:

5 Likes

This is my update screen. I am very confused about what to do next, any thoughts?

My FP5 found only the 2.3 update from 16.August start the update an end in an endless loop
after killing this (Battery off) it still is on 2.2
the update 2.3 from 20. August cannot be found by the phone

3 Likes

F(x)tec (pro1x) Pro¹ X

e-2.3-t-20240821427106-dev-pro1x

:stop_sign: Landscape modus

Same here. Judging from Morgi’s answer I’m guessing there is a bug in the earlier release that’s been fixed in the newer one. I think I’ll hold off updating until someone in the know can shed more light on this.

@Morgi
Have you tried clearing the cache? Worked for me when I didn’t see an available update at all.

Google
Pixel 5
redfin
2.2-t
Not rooted

After the update it needed a second restart because the internet connection (wifi and mobile) couldn’t be established after the first, but I don’t know if and how this might be related to the update. The release notes do indeed link to 2.3-s as mentioned above and the update screen is scrollable without any apparent benefit.
Everything else is again fine so far, I tested a few apps including the appstore, camera app, adv. privacy, settings - no complaints. Many thanks for this awesome OS!

1 Like

Vendor Name: Fairphone
Device name: Fairphone 4
Code name: FP4
Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.2-t stable
Is the device Rooted / Not rooted : Not rooted

All seems well on first glance.
Thank you e team and please keep up your much appreciated work.

1 Like

Everything seems to be ok. Video mode runs perfect in stock camera app. Really good quality. Now the app works complete, with the last software, and is very good. Thanks!

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Fairphone
  • Device name: Fairphone 4
  • Device CodeName: FP4
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously: 2.2-t stable
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted: not rooted

As usual, update was smooth and everything looks perfect.

Many thanks to the team!

1 Like