Feedback for v2.3

Release Information

Please share feedback on v2.3 build for your device and let us know how it is working with applications that you use.

• The release will be staggered over the next couple of days starting from 21 Aug up to 28 Aug.
  • The release notes will show up here once we initiate the release
  • To report issues with the build or applications raise an issue on gitlab

Feedback poll

We will also have a poll to rate this build.

• I have updated to v2.3 on my device and it is working well
  • I updated to v2.3 but I am having issues (Please share the issue details on this thread)
  • I am not able to update to v2.3 (Please share the issue details on this thread)
0 voters

Add this info to your feedback

When sharing your feedback or issues, Please add the following details

• Vendor Name
  • Device name
  • Device CodeName
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously
  • Is the device Rooted / Not rooted

Refer this table for vendor, codename details

Refer this guide to share more details in your feedback

:warning: Do not share test build information

• This thread has been created specifically for posting information on official /e/OS builds.

• To understand the difference between build types refer this guide

• Please do not post information or links to /e/OS test builds on the forum.

• The test builds are as yet untested and under development, and may in some cases cause user devices to soft brick.

• Such information can confuse other users who do not see these builds in the updater.

• Remember not all users who come to this forum are experts in installing and formatting custom ROMs and can end up seriously damaging their devices by trying out these test builds

• If you are genuinely interested in helping with the testing activities and also understand how to fix and do some minor level of testing on custom ROMS, you are welcome to join the testing team

• As part of the testing team you can share your comments on the dedicated testing telegram channel.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

9 Likes

xiaomi
poco x3 nfc
surya
2.3 beta
non root

the upgrade went smoothly & haven’t seen any problem yet (neither have I seen any major change)

• Asus
  • Asus Max Pro M1
  • X00TD
  • 2.2-t
  • Not rooted

Working well, I just wish that the brightness had the same settings from the original rom. It’s too dark after updating to eOS in every version.

• Vendor Name - Google
  • Device name - Pixel 6 Pro
  • Device - Raven
  • Version of /e/OS or Stock which existed previously - e-2.2-t-20240718417775-dev-raven
  • The device is not rooted

Updated OTA. All went well. Device operating as expected so far.
Thanks team for your excellent work.

• Fairphone
  • FP5
  • 2.2 - t
  • not rooted

Everything seems to work fine.
Noticed that release notes in updater point to 2.3 s

2 Likes
  • Samsung
  • S10
  • beyond1lte
  • 2.2-t
  • Not rooted

Dear Team, so far everything OK :+1:. Thanks for the work.

After updating to 2.3 my Homescreen is off center to the right.
I have read that the problem should be solved in 2.3 but it doesn’t

What can i do ?

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

• Vendor Name: Samsung
  • Device name: S10e
  • Code name: beyond0lte
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.2-t
  • Not rooted

No issues so far. Thanks for good work to the team!

I have troubles

• Samsung
  • S10+
  • beyond2lte SM-G975F
  • 2.2-t
  • Not rooted

App store no longer works

Tried: Clear App Lounge’s data by navigating to Settings > Apps > App Lounge > Storage & cache > Clear storage, then wait for a while before you use the Anonymous account login again.

But this did not work.

I’ve been getting that same message on an S9 starlte for a while now on previous eOS versions e.g. least v2.1-stable and v2.2-stable, when app updates are available, but the apps still update successfully anyway so i just click Ignore. Does that work for you ?

2 Likes
  • Vendor Name: Xiaomi

• Device Name: Redmi K20 / Mi 9T

• Code Name: davinci

• Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-2.2-t-20240717417775-dev-davici…

• Device Not rooted

• Vendor Name: Oneplus

• Device Name: 7 Pro

• Code Name: guacamole

• Version of /e/OS which existed previously: e-2.2-t-20240717417775-dev-guacamole…

• Device Not rooted

both devices work very well with 2.3. many thanks to the developer team for the very good work

1 Like

Hello together,

Fairphone 4 bought from Murena in 2023 :slight_smile:
Version existed previously: 2.2-t-20240715417772-stable-FP4
The first install was made by Murena, so i don’t know if the phone is rooted…

I haven’t received the 2.3 update til today and yes i know the update is rolled out til Monday, but normally i received all my previous updates in the first 3 days.

I have to say, that i had to factory reset my phone out of the OS, because of problems with mobile data connection of my carrier this week.

I hope i will get the update the next days…

Christoph

• Vendor Name: Xiaomi
  • Device name: Mi 10T
  • Code name: appolon
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.2-s
  • Not rooted

No issues so far. Thanks for good work!

One problem is that I only have access to the open source apps, which is actually fine for me, but eventually sometimes I need some non-open source apps, at least for testing if it would work for others. In any case, they are not shown. My work around for the moment being might be to use aurora store. Let’s see.

1 Like
  • Vendor Name: Google
  • Device name: Pixel 6a
  • Code name: bluejay
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: 2.2-T-dev
  • Not rooted

Update yesterday. No issues so far. Thanks, dear team.

I guess this is unrelated but after the installation and short periods of Aurora everything seems to work again.

1 Like

Hi,

is there anybody here with a Fairphone 5 and can check the exact date for the security patch for 2.3 ?
The release notes just say July 2024 without the exact day.
As my phone is at 05.07.2024 security patch i am not sure if the 2.3 version of eos triggers the anti rollback ,feature’.

Oliver

• Vendor Name: Google
  • Device name: Pixel 7
  • Code name: panther
  • Version of /e/OS which existed previously: fresh install
  • Not rooted

No issues so far.

Best regards

It should be the same for all, I have 05.07.2024 with v2.3. As long as it is not older you should be fine from my understanding.

1 Like

Hello again,

it seems so that my Murena Fairphone 4 doesn´t get an update from 2.2 to 2.3.

Is here someone with a Fairphone 4 who has received an update to 2.3?

Christoph