FF3 Bluetooth usage in cars

Hi guys, I got the FF3 and connected it to my car. Its possible to recive incomming calls in my car but its not possible to call someone. It says “no mobile provider” (but getting signal). Tried it with Samsung (regular Android /version 8.0.0) and it works. Any ideas what I could do? Thanks!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Is “Phone calls” enabled in your car’s Bluetooth Device details (in your phone) ?

No all of the options are set

Do you observe this in other cars too?

Other cars: I drive Subaru Legacy MY2010 with a pretty “idiosycratic” infotainment unit. This dials out only contacts you have previously set up in the unit. As I call out of the car only 1-2 times a year, it doesn’t matter.

When I have to call out, I dial on the phone (fixed in a cradle) an then, audio is established via Bluettoth.

A different behaviour of FP3 to the BlackBerry Classic: only the “BT” sign comes on the screen of the infotainment, but no field strength indication is shown. It works anyway.

Havn’t got the chance to test it in another car till now. Will let you know.

Its weired because the other day it worked -once- dispay showed “card 1”(simcard) and i could make calls. Now its not working anymore didnt change anything

Strange indeed. Did you look at the FairPhone forum for some answers?

just one more thought as you cited “SIM1” bein displayed: There are two fundamentally different ways of of a phonecall via the car unit:

1. Bluetooth “Hands Free Profile”: The car unit is only audio, the transmit / receive is still done by the mobile phone.
  2. “Remote SIM Acess”: The complete phone(module) is in the car, the mobile deregisters from the network and provides SIM access via Bluetooth

1 is cheap and widespread
2 is expensive and less widespread

Often, the car unit offers only one of the modes! If this is not the same what the mobile offers, nothing works at all. That happened to a colleague of mine some years ago: Car unit requires RSA, mobile provided HFP. Car unit had no “fall back” to HFP: no phonecall via car unit.

Thanks for the information Christian but linke i wrote it is working sometimes.

Checked also the topic in fairphone community -sadly didn’t find an solution for my problem

I have the same problem - “No network” on in car phone interface. Have you found a fix for this?

BMW 320 (2012) / FP3

I once had a similar problem.
Solved by rebooting the phone with only SIM1 active, and car Bluetooth on.
Lexus RX Gen3 JP (with ML) and Xiaomi Mimix2 /e/ 0.13 Pie.

Hi all,
Same problem with my FP3 and my car. My FP3 is connected via bluetooth and Calls - Multimedia - Contact sharing are all active in BT params.
When I receive a call, I can pick it up via the car, everything is fine.
When I go in Tel application in car, I have my call diary (received, sent), I can access to all contacts that are in my phone (names - numbers).
But when I try to call someone, the screen in the car tells me “no provider”.
If I call out with FP3 (using its screen), the call is working fine and sound is on car speakers and car mic.
Any idea ?
It’s the first time I have BT in my car so not tested before.

I tried to connect my FP3 via USB on the car, no improvement and no Android Auto.

Medianav (car) - FP3 on 0.14 Q.

Similar issue for me: FP 3 connects well to my MediaNav Evolution (ULC4 - Linux, Firmnware 1.0.15.1.19) in a Dacia (Renault). When I make an outgoing call ON the phone, MediaNav runs this call. Initiating a phonecall ON die MediaNav (contacts are available via bluetooth), then: “With this phone no calls are possible” (This happens normally, when no or not enough signal is available). Here: always.
So i made an upgrade from /e/ 0.17-xxx (Android 9) to 0.17-q-xxxx (Android 10), and: when starting a phonecall via MediaNav it works. Switching the car off, later again: FP 3 connects for itself, but phonecall with error before. After reconnecting FP 3 manually: phonecalling works again.
No additional checks about e.g. AVRCP-Version (Developer-ptions, so far: 1.4 - standard) or anything else. See forward …

1 Like

… haha. Only one (!) call. Then Bluetooth shows “connected”, but no telephone function. Manually new connecting, then one call. After this again, again …

1 Like

I have tried reconnecting the phone again.
Same result. One possible call then no network.
Disconnect and reconnect and one call.

As a test, radical: complete reinstallation /e/ OS on an FP3 with the Easy-Installer (0.17-20210621120947 => Android 10.) Same result: only when the connection on the FP3 has been manually disconnected and re-established: ONE call, then faulty.

By the way: a Wilyfox Swift: /e/OS (based on Android 7), an old LeEco S2 also based (Android 7): Getting in the car, switch on, having Bluetooth-connection and: making phone calls. This is very disappointing.