Find /e/ OS version (build type) installed

Hello,
I’m still fairly new to smartphones in general and have a question probably “too easy” to find answers to:
When lately being offered OS updates, I read about the different versions of /e/ OS available here: https://doc.e.foundation/build-status

Can anyone point me to where I can find out what version is actually running on my phone?
I found the “Build-Number” under “Settings->About this phone” (or whatever this is called in the English version), but I cannot match what I see there with any of dev/stable/test etc. mentioned in the link above. Where can I look this up?
The update I get offered (from 0.21 to 0.22) also just carries a long string of numbers in its name, but no information on the build type. Probably I’m overlooking something very obvious here, any hints would be greatly appreciated.

cu
gg

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

Settings > About phone > Android version > /e/ version.

(On many devices) long press on /e/ version > Copy to clipboard. :slightly_smiling_face:

When offered an update by System updater, however, you are first given very little useful (imho!) information. I have found, long press on “Offered update” > the url of the source repository which may contain more clues.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks! I didn’t recognise that “Android version” was clickable. I just said “11” below and I thought “that’s it”.
For the updates, I cannot get anything by pressing the update string. However, the dots menu offers “copy url to clipboard” which is a bit of an awkward way to get to the information, but it works.

1 Like