Fingerprint scanner stopped working

The fingerprint scanner has been deactivated / disabled on my GS290 for some reason. I can’t even see related settings in my phone anymore. Almost as if the feature has been completely removed from the phone. I’m now using pattern to unlock my phone.

Bank apps recognised the fingerprint feature is missing and is now prompting me with passcode
to log in.

Anyone else experienced this with Gigaset phone ?

1 Like

Same issue since a few updates back

Since over 6months now the finger scanner has stopped working, it is just no longer available.

I assumed it would be fixed in later updates but the issue still remains.

I have read similar (now closed) posts with same issues.

Please help.

I’ve been on the verge of getting the new Fairphone 5 as a replacement for the Gigaset phone. But now I have doubts if it’s the right call since I posted about Gigaset not working properly since last updates were rolled out and there was no resolution or reaction to this. They must understand there are quite a few people who purchased the Gigaset and now some features aren’t working due to updates they released.
People will naturally have doubts about newer phones from /e . What if someone buys the new Fairphone 5, 1 year in some update gets rolled out and couple of features stops working completely and no support provided ?

Thanks for posting @keanan and giving this issue more buzz.

1 Like

Maybe a good idea to Report an issue, I do not see any fingerprint scanner showing in Gitlab #gs290 issues.

1 Like

Thanks, I have created an issue here:
https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/backlog/-/issues/8072

Thanks for raising the issue. We are not seeing this issue on our test device, a GS290 with the latest build. Had manually installed the latest build as part of some testing and the fingerprint is working as expecting.