Fingerprint unlock still ask for pin, is this expected?

Hi all,

first things first: great OS/community. Glad to be part of it all.

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread, I did a rudimentary search and found nothing.

I’ve noticed that my moto one ace, from /e/OS v1.3 to the latest, will still ask me to enter my PIN after I unlock with my fingerprint (a minority of the time).

Is this an expected behaviour (so user doesn’t forget their PIN)? If not, how would I go about the diagnosis? i.e. is it a matter of finding a single log file on the system? Or is there a specific one for phone unlocking/sensor-activity? Is there a diag toggle that needs to be enabled?

Best Regards

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,

I’ve not been running an up to date version of /e/ but it is/was normal after a fresh reboot. Version 0.14 even told you so. Perhaps things have changed, but worth checking if those times are your ‘minority’ cases. Extra security measure, which I can’t quite understand…

ENjoy!

On my Samsung galaxy s10+ I had the issue with former /e/ versions that it asked me too often to my pin after I put my finder on the sensor. Many times on a day, that was boring.
Now with the v1.14 & 1.15 it comes with longer period, and is more stable.
I think that’s quite good that it ask sometimes for it, especially after device start.
But i have no idea on when it should do, how long it should wait & so on…
I’d like to have more overview or control on it, means would be fine If I could define how long or how many time it should wait for asking it (small security option).

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.