First release of /e/ OS Pie

Right - The devices can be manually upgraded to Pie…for e.g. there is a unofficial Pie build for the Poco F1. It is the OTA update process that is not possible and the team is trying to achieve that.
Personally I am all for sharing the official Pie builds to the users so that they can flash it manually. Subsequent builds can be OTA.
I have been running a /e/ Pie build on my MiA1 since June of this year. Had shared the build on the forum as well.
Hope to get this issue - manual or OTA resolved soon - may be in a week or two.

2 Likes

Yes if it doesn’t require more efforts, it would be better on 2 points :

• People would be able to have /e/ on Pie right now instead of waiting months,
  • And those people would be able to fully test the phone (like beta testers) and report potential critical bugs. It would prevent an OTA upgrade of a buggy Pie version to non technical users for instance.
4 Likes

If so, it would be a nice New Year’s present. Thanks for the info (as always).

1 Like

Yes, me too, because the effort required to upgrade to e-9-pie is minimal. This also works without any data loss. A HOW TO can be written quickly, if desired.

1 Like

I’m interested in a How-To :slight_smile:

Yes, and we are beta testers… so, a manual flash is not a problem in my opinion. Especially because those who don’t want to “risk” themselves can stay under nougat…

1 Like

See → [HOWTO] Upgrade manually from e-Nougat | e-Oero to official e-Pie builds without data loss.

1 Like