[fixed] Fingerprint stopped to work on samsung s9

Hello

I bought a Sumsung s9 refurbished with /e/OS from Murena in 2022. I activated fingerprint and it was working. I activated 4 fingers one for each hand and the same 2 after climbing session. Removing them almost each week.

Finger management in setting as never been working so well. Removing a finger doesn’t work sometime.

Now finger unlock doesn’t work any more.
I decided to upgrade the OS from 1.17 to 2.0, and the upgrade worked fine.
The fingerprint unlock still doesn’t work anymore.
I’m also unable to remove any finger from the list of 4.

If I click on the trash Icon it asks for a confirmation and do nothing. After the first try no trash icon UI work anymore.

Was happening before when I was tryiing to remove 2 finger from the list. The first one was removed but not the second, the UI wasn’t working any more.

But if I was going back to security menu, then again in fingerprint management, it was allowing me to remove finger one by one that way cycling back and in again.

Now, nothing works. I’m unable to remove any finger, and 4 is the limit.

How can I test and/or remove all the finger?

Should I fill a but report?

Regards,
Sylvain.

OK I found a solution. Using two external input.

First I was able to remove all recorded fingerprint (still one by one, going back to security for each, then back in fingerprint): the trick was to first rename the finger, then delete.

Seen here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/anwh7g/cant_remove_fingerprints/

Then the phone was still not reacting to finger sensor, I wasn’t able to record any new finger form security > fingerprint either.

So I started looking for source of similar issues:

:point_right: Fix S9 S9+ Fingerprint Sensor Stops Working 4min30s video

The above video gave me the trick:

settings > lock screen > secured lock time : 10 min
then back, and change again to: settings > lock screen > secured lock time: instantly

was able to record new finger, and it works again. :woman_shrugging: :male_detective: