FM radio missing

I installed nextradio app in my S9, but it says that my device is not supported, which is strange because in the official website it says that S9 is supported (inckuding unlocked phones, which is my case). Anyone had this issue? Does it only work in the US?

An analogue FM radio chip is only integrated in the models for the USA and Canada. This has been the case since the Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge models until today.

Oh, thatā€™s a shame. Thanks anyway, @archje

Galaxy S9 with Oreo comes without radio app installed.

Do you mean on the stock ROM for the S9 the FMRadio is missing ?

Yes, as far as I see.

In North America, almost all Samsung Galaxy smartphones can receive analog FM radio with the NextRadio app, either because a corresponding chip is integrated or has been activated via firmware - and because the US carriers wants it that way.

The following devices support an FM radio listening experience.
Viewing 222 of 222 total devices
NextRadio
Live and local, wherever you go
Available for select FM-enabled Android devices

The European Galaxy versions from the /e/ supported list like the Galaxy S5, S6, S6 Egde, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+, S9 and S9+ on the other hand donā€™t offer the possibility of analog FM radio reception, because the hardware requirements do not allow it.

Hi,

On my FP3+ I donā€™t have radio fm app by default.
Is it normal ?

Itā€™s normal if the phone doesnā€™t have the FM hardware.

Hi there,

I installed the recent dev build (e-0.19) for Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 (SM-A310F) and miss an fm radio (via headphone) app, too. The phone should have an FM receiver as there is a working radio app on stock rom. Is there a way to install an EOS-Version? Would be great. SpiritF needs permissions and a rooted phone, things Iā€™d like to avoid.

Default app is FM-RADIO ā€ com.caf.fmradio ā€

Hi Piero, thanks for the hint. How do I geht this APP? Iā€™m completely New to phone modding. :relaxed: Canā€™t find it in EOS store. Thereā€™s just an APP with the same Name. (Com.onlineradio.radiofm)