Fossil Q Hybrid Smart Watch

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right section for this question…

I am running /e/ on a Fairphone 3 and am looking at buying a Fossil Q Hybrid watch; my question is does it require Google Play services etc?

Having installed the app there are no errors and everything seems to run smoothly albeit without pairing a watch. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar set up?

Side note, I am aware that the touch screen Google Wear devices are a no go.

Many thanks in advance.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Goolag wear will only communicate with original goolag services in the device OS. So you won’t have luck with the watch. Sorry.

I’m using a Amazfit Statos Warch. With WatchDroid you can access the watch without need of Mi account. So you will have a good privacy

As mentioned this doesn’t seem to require Google Wear. It uses the Fossil App and specifically says you only need Wear for touch screen devices.

I hoped that in the instance of the Hybrid devices there such as the Fossil Q the differences in hardware and software would enable usage.

Fingers crossed someone out there has tried it and has a definitive answer.

Thank you for the update though.

Order it with refund available or try pairing somewhere in a Fossil shop

Just a quick update to this topic.

I can confirm that Fossil Q Hybrid watches ARE FULLY COMPATIBLE and work with /e/ on the Fairphone 3.

I imagine this will be the same for other devices.

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in Smartwatches without Google, there is also the AsteroidOS project.

Yeah, but a lot of functions aren’t working in the moment. There is a lot to do to be useable for daily use.