FP 4 app lounge not working v1.2

For the last 4 months the app lounge is not working on my FP4, clearing the cache and restarting app lounge won’t help.

Can somebody help me find a solution?
Thnx.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

You should definitely Clear Storage as well as Cache.

Also I think worth experimenting does it make a difference using only mobile data or only Wi-Fi.

There is this troubleshooting guide. Sometimes it might need cycling through the steps so that you are able to sign T&C.

Edit, repair link.

https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/app_lounge_troubleshooting.html

Also try avoid European peak / weekend times.

Thnx, but that didn’t do the trick.

So did you manage to (re-)sign T&C ?

Do you have any sense that you have a clean and clear line to the Server. Sorry that the link was not properly given.

What do you mean with T&C ?
I’m 99% on mobile data, but also tried wifi.

Terms and Conditions.

When App Lounge has been in a bad phase for me, this stage seems fundamental to having a “Fresh start”.

Yes after cleaning everything I signed in again and agreed (there is no other way ?)

When I have been at this stage I have had the sense that App Lounge is “unjammed” from some previous events and that connection to the /e/ servers has been demonstrated.

A very small .apk is Kiss Launcher.

What is the behaviour of App Lounge when you attempt to search and install this?

For testing be sure to have all forms of Advanced Privacy turned off.

App loung is not working at all, so no search or download option at all. screen keeps looking for info. Indeed, it looks like there is no connection to any server.

When all advanced privacy is turned off, trying to log in gives the following error;

Unable to resolve host ‘eu.gtoken.ecloud.global’ ; No address associated with hostname status; -1

Note that

e-1.2-r-20220726206059-stable-FP4
and
e-1.2-r-20220727206630-dev-FP4

are both very old version of /e/OS (20 months), you’d better upgrade to curent

e-1.20-s-20240220382012-stable-FP4
or
e-1.19.1-t-20240113373116-dev-FP4

Indeed, I associate the “animated empty” (I think you mean) screen with lack of a clean line to the server. If I see this last for more than 3 or 4 seconds, I treat it as “Try again later”.

So getting an error is better than no reaction !

But as said in Post #2 you probably need to cycle through all suggestions. (And more than once !).

I made also the point of using only mobile data or Wi-Fi. Android has the ability to flicker between the two, attempting to make a faster connection. I believe this is counter productive for App Lounge.

Some have blamed their mobile carrier, others their ISP for the lack of clean uninterrupted line which seems to me to be required.

Apologies, it’s already running on 1.20-s-20240220382012-stable-FP4

Tried that so many times, I’m now back to APK mirror. Thanks for all your suggestions.