FP3 auto-update 0.15 "Cant load Android system..."

Hi,

I tried to update my FP3 from /e/OS 0.13-2020121490323 to 0.14-2021012999010 last month, however, on reboot got the “Can’t load Android system …” message. I can boot back into the old version 0.13 which I think is in slot B, so it wasn’t too much of an issue. I tried to repeat the install but the same thing happened, so I stuck with 0.13 for the mean time.

However, when trying to update to 0.15-20210317106351, I get the same “Can’t load Android system…” message. (I can still boot back into the 0.13 in slot B for now)

As far as I can tell both 0.14 and 0.15 is installing for other people ok, so I’m not sure if I’ve done something wrong somewhere? If anyone has any advice on how to fix/debug this, that would be great. (Ideally without having to wipe and start again)

This also happened for me with the 0.12 update last year, although I think this happened to some others at the time as well. At that point I did a reset and used the easy-installer for Q 0.12.

Thanks in advance.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

I have exactly the same issue with my Fairphone 3, not managed to find a solution yet, thinking of just doing a fresh install but really dont want to lose all my apps and settings etc…

I’ve also had exactly the same issue. I would like to get the 0.15 update working without doing a factory reset.

Same issue here. No pissibility to install the OTA on the Fairphone 3.