FP3 doesnt update to new linageOS

Hi i have an fairphone 3 that i got help to instal eOS on.
My current problem is that that the phone is stuck with LinageOS 0.23-20220412177701.
I would like to update to the newest LinageOS but i have no idea how to do that.
I am a fan on the eOS but is not more than a user.

hope somebody would take the time to help me solve my problem

All the best Frimand

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

/e/OS is based on LineageOS, it isn’t LineageOS.
Let’s start with what exactly you are running now, because an important bit is missing to assess the situation, please refer to [HOWTO] Give complete /e/OS version info easily for support, answers, comparison etc

1 Like

Hi Thank you for your reply, i checked your link and found what your asking.
i am currently running 0.23-p-20220412177701-dev-FP3

2 Likes

The “p” stands for Pie, which is Android 9, which is way outdated and not supported anymore for quite some time.
/e/OS developers have tried to offer an upgrade to /e/OS q (Android 10) via the updater for Fairphones 3/3+ running Android 9, but ultimately couldn’t overcome serious technical difficulties along the way.

So, your only option for updating indeed is a new install of a current /e/OS version, which by default will wipe your data.
/e/OS t (Android 13) is in the process of being rolled out at the moment and will be available for command line install sooner than with the Easy Installer … https://doc.e.foundation/devices/FP3

In case you can’t get a hold of the person now who helped you installing initially, you might want to have a look whether there are any Fairphone Angels in your vicinity who you could ask whether they might be able to help you in person.

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/the-fairphone-angels-program-and-map-local-support-by-community-members/33058

Else we can of course try to answer questions here.

2 Likes

Hi Thank you for your reply, you have been of a great help.
I will reach out to the Fairphone Angel that is located in Sweden or Denmark
i will return if they cant help out.
Again thanks alot.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.