FP3: From 0.23 Android 9 to /e/OS 1.x - seeking clarity

That’s a great idea. Having spent much of my career working with phones and computers, I know there’s a lot of knowledge and vocabulary that I take for granted, and it’s difficult for me to assess how much others may or may not know or understand.

As a professional translator (DE → EN), this quite common tendency has provided hours and hours of fun for me when translating technical manuals. :grin:

Thank you for the details! I’m afraid I still haven’t understood the procedure, though. Maybe you could tell me in German? (Should this be in a PM?) If I wind up doing it, I can post a follow-up with my actions and results in English.

Isn’t that more the issue with locked and unlocked bootloader? Dev-builds with locked bootlader also do not have a good backup solution (don’t know how well seedvault works). However broken safety net limits e.g. usage of banking apps which has to be considered as well…

On dev builds users can enable Rooted Debugging in the Developer options.
And with this ADB can access the phone as root (the adb root command can be run successfully), getting access to the whole storage directory tree, not only to the limited view of “Internal Storage” + external SD card, if there is one.
And with this users can try to use Android Backup and Restore Tools (ABRT), see here.

No. I don’t have any devices on which the bootloader can be re-locked. On these devices, Rooted debugging can be enabled in dev builds and cannot be enabled on stable builds.

This topic was automatically closed after 194 days. New replies are no longer allowed.