FP3+ problems... delay, flickering screen, complete blackout, colour reverse

Hi everyone,

I dont even know how to describe this problem…
I installed e/OS/ a couple of months ago. At first it was working fine.
Now my phone is almost not usable anymore because the screen does weird things like flickering, going black, reversing the colours,sometimes doesnt respond to touch at all, sometimes the pictutre on the screen is in a different place than the touch feedback.
Some apps run without these issues (calender, cycle tracking app, alarm,…) some have a lot of trouble (photos, instagram,…)
Some days its worse, some days better.
I tried restarting several times. Also taking out the battery. No change.

Im considering just going back to android unless theres an easy way to fix this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Sounds more like hardware, but going back to Fairphone OS (/e/OS is Android, too) could help determining this in case the issue prevails.

You could try to disassemble the display module from the phone, carefully clean the contacts with cleaning alcohol, and reassemble.

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047728592-Fairphone-3-Replace-a-module

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/random-blackscreen/99817/3?u=anotherelk

If you happen to have Fairphone Angels (community volunteers trying to help users) with Fairphone 3/3+ expertise in your vicinity, you could ask them whether they would perhaps be able to help in person … :angel: The Fairphone Angels Program and Map (Local support by community members) - Local - Fairphone Community Forum .

1 Like

hm ok, thank you.
It sounds weird to me, as i have never had problems before and they started like 2-3 weeks after installing /e/

Could be a coincidence, I have been using /e/OS on my FP3+ for over a year and have never had any problems.

1 Like

But was there some noticeable software event to possibly trigger this?
Did it start directly after an OS update? Or after the installation or start of use of an App?

I’m using /e/OS on my Fairphone 3 for years now and never had any problems with the display. The hardware has reached a certain age now, it will not last forever, so if I would see the same effects I wouldn’t think in the direction of software first, at least not without a clear indication (which could still be coincidence).

I replaced a broken display with a second hand display, i had the same issues described here, confirm cleaning the contacts work! After cleaning issues were gone.

1 Like

Okay, youve convinced me all together, im gonna give it a try and clean the display contacts =) Will let you know if it solved the problem. Thank you

So you were right! I opened the phone, disconnected the display module, cleaned the contacts and put everything back in place and it works again! Hope it will stay that way but looking good.
Thank you so much!! =)

This is the link that i checked out to see where the contacts are and how to clean them:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/the-screen-turns-off-and-on-when-my-fp3-is-slightly-bent/93467/12

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.