FP3 reboots itself very frequently

Dear Community,
For a few hours now my Fairphone 3 with 1.17 stable e-os build is rebooting itself almost continously. I can force restart during these loops and access its normal function but soonishly it will continue to restart itself. Unfortunately, I have no clue what has caused it or what correlates with this? Has anyone ever had such issues recently? [I am trying to install 1.18 in the meantime]
Many thanks!

I cannot really determine what’s wrong with your FP3, but I would strongly recommend to use the limited time that it is functioning normally to back up your data (if you haven’t done so already).

1 Like

In case it helps I had a similar problem. My FP4 kept crashing and restarting recently up to 10-20 times a day, most of the time when the phone was idle and screen was off (screen would crash and the E logo would flash to restart.)

There were also about 7 other random things like power drain, messages not sending properly, app lounge no installing apps at all, so on and so forth.

Long story short, I decided to remove the sim and try my old phone to double check whether it was the phone or not. When I put the sim card back in the FP4 cell signal and messages and phone calls would not work at all.

Removed the sim card and re-inserted and that apparently solved all issues some how…

I have noticed that the tray you insert the sim card in is not really the best mechanism as it can bounce back out sometimes and may not be perfectly aligned. Perhaps random drops of the phone may dislodge the sim while in the mechanism.

So perhaps try taking out the sim card and reinserting it a few times to see if you have run into the same issue? Easy enough to try and could potentially be the issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.