Full Privacy & Security DeGoogled EeloOS / LineageOS with more Security / Privacy Workaround

OK, I have read the post. For a roadmap it is still quite vague. Please be more concise.

We are now 6 months later. Please update. ‘Spring 2020’ is now.

My wish: please give clear priority to un-googling. GUI improvements are not about un-googling. having more apps is also not about un-googling. Different user profiles is not about un-googling. A friendly installer is not about un-googling.

100% un-googling is the credibility of /e/. achieving that will give great momentum to everything else.

Tnx,

Henk

1 Like

I followed the link to Reddit that is under the opening post of @eelo4life. That brought me to this updated version: https://old.reddit.com/r/degoogle/comments/cldohl/how_to_degoogle_lineageos_in_2019/ . In the Intro the author states that points 1, 2, 4 and 5 are covered by /e/ OS. Can somebody confirm this?

That leaves 3, 6 and 7. 6 and 7 are not part of the Reddit post.

The scope of 3 is limited to location finding. Is that correct? I saw some hefty discussion on this forum about location. Not very relevant for me, because I don’t use location.

6 is about app’s. A work in progress for /e/. For the moment I will limit myself to apps with a privacy score.

That leaves 7 ‘Host-File’. Is that an ‘open wound’ in /e/?

regards, Henk

I have learned from another member of this community that point 7 ‘Host file’ is more of a security shield in case the /e/ developers overlook a Google link here or there. So with a bit of trust in the /e/ developers I might consider point 7 settled also.

The lack of reactions in this thread is a frustrating. Can this be organized in a better way? For me it is not particularly necessary to ask my questions in public. But it would be very helpful to have somehow a more /e/xperienced partner in the conversation…