G5s (XT1794) - Trebuchet keeps crashing

Device Model:XT1794
Codename:Montana
eOS Version:1.15

The appswitcher doesnt work anymore. pressing square-button multiple times gives me the errormessage “Trebuchet keeps stopping” Already reverted to BLISS from openlauncher to see if things changed. no difference.

How can I fix it?

Thanks in Advance!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Please try this

Settings > Apps and notifications > See all … apps > 3 dot menu top right > Show system > Trebuchet > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

If you were / are using an alternative launcher, please ensure that you preferred launcher is set as Default in Settings > Apps and notifications > Default apps

I Tried this. In combination with removing all extra launcher and putting BLISS as default launcher, the “recent” button (I didn’t know till today that this button had a name) starts working again.

but I’m not satisfied with that, cause I am in team “I don’t like the bliss launcher” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

hope it will fix itself sometime. is there a “Launcher selection” option somewhere in eOS? or did I just have overseen this?

thank you!

There is absolutely no need to stick with Bliss, I mentioned this as it is a reported issue that using an alternative launcher without setting it as default has caused your reported problem.

I added launcher to your thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 180 days. New replies are no longer allowed.