Galaxy S7 (G930F) Android 12, via OTA?

Hello, I have a question.

Will there be or is there an e-2.2-s-2024xxxxx-stable-herolte.zip, OTA or download.
Running now e-2.1-r-2024xxxxx-stable-herolte

Or will the Android 12 only be as dev-herolte.zip

I would like very much to have Android 12

thank you

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

You got OTA OS Upgrade, yes :+1::+1:

That is only for stable/offical, dev/community don’t get that

Thank you, I did read that, but so far I did not get the OTA when running stable-herolte, I did get it OTA when running dev-herolte.

Therefore my question if there will also come an e-2.2-s-2024xxxx-stable-herolte.

If not, no problem then I;m going to run dev-herolte

And thank you Manoj for moving it to Samsung-Galaxy

The v2.2 build for the s7 /s7+ is the OS upgrade to /e/OS S or A12. The v2.2 release will be staggered as all our releases. It started on 22 July and will end on the 29th of July. Every day we release a few devices to not overwhelm the system.

Ah ok, thank you.

I’m very happy with e-os so far.
A little sad though this is probably the last of the S7 e-os rom.

I did see an lineage rom for S7 with A14 , I hope this can be picked up for an A14 e-os for this herolte,
I like e-os better, I realy like the advanced privacy options.

But we have to wait and see

You can check here also:
https://images.ecloud.global/stable/herolte/

When available there you can force it by atleast refreshing the updater 4 times.

1 Like

Thank you, I did look at that also, but no e-2.2-s there yet, maybe later.

That e-2.1-r-2024xxx-stable-herolte is what I’m running now, but no more security updates with that, so have to look for an A update.

But If I understand correctly, it will come in the next couple of days.

1 Like

Is there a download link for this update, OTA is not really necessary.
A local update will also do fine,

I got it, thank you thank you.

I have another completely different question.
In witch section can I place a question about parts of the e.os the OS itself.

1 Like

Hi, I just tried to perform an OTA upgrade (2.1 → 2.2) of my S7. It seems to start fine with download and prepare stage but aborts during reboot. Reason for abort is shown as „failed to verify whole file signature“ (error 21). It tried this three times with same result. Any ideas?

I had also some problems , but now it works great, so far.
I have done an extra step and maybe that saved me, after downloading that OTA I did copy/export that download to my download folder.
After download pres the 3 dots there you can see that option.

My first problem, it booted into recovery, did not install further, maybe problem is that it needs the right recovery for this A12 release.

After reboot again , it went to recovery again, but because I had a copy in the download folder I could try an local update.

It gave me an error also but I could pres Yes to continue and then after some time it worked.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation! I tried it as well and it showed the same error again. However it now offered the option to ignore this error - which I did. The OS seemed to install successfully.
Thanks again!