Geocaching.com app map

Hey,

I’m using an FP3 with preinstalled /e/. After installing the Geocaching.com app I can’t get the map in it to show. Does anyone know a solution to this? On the Geocaching.com website they are using maps from Openstreetmap, but I don’t know what maps the mobile app is using.

Best regards,

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It seems it’s using goolag maps :frowning:

Ah…and it doesn’t help to install google maps it seems.

Indeed it’s probably using Google Maps (there are some Google stuff in it).

Sadly I don’t think there is a solution, the Google Play Services are needed and it’s not possible in /e/.

Would be nice if MicroG (the open source replacement of the Google Play Services) could replace Google Maps by OpenStreetMap, but I don’t know if it’s doable or not.

Hi. Perhaps you can use c:geo as an alternative. I don’t have any experience with geocaching (actually will try it first time this afternoon) so I can’t compare it with the Geocaching app but it does allow you to use geocaching.com.

C:geo seems to be the best alternative and I’m using it at the moment. What we are missing out on though are the so called premium caches, satellite maps and geocaching.com’s other app “adventure lab”.

Hi, I do use c:geo in combination with https://www.opencaching.de (or .fr, etc.) and find it to be a great open alternative :slight_smile: