Get Corona App running

IMHO anyone who installs a tracking and tracing app on their phone is setting themselves up for harrassment and much worse. People, I hope you understand that e/ has the potential to save your life. I’m so thankful to /e for providing an alternative and plan to make a donation as soon as I finish this post.

4 Likes

Contact Tracing App Privacy: What Data Is SharedBy Europe’s GAEN Contact Tracing Apps

The study “Contact Tracing App Privacy: What Data Is SharedBy Europe’s GAEN Contact Tracing Apps” shows every Android user (once again) how openly and extensively Google spies on its users. Current versions of Google Play Services (and probably older ones as well) send the following information to Google every 20 minutes:

• IP address
  • IMEI of the device
  • Hardware serial number
  • SIM card serial number
  • Phone number
  • e-mail address
  • User statistics of Apps

:eyes: :point_right:t3: https://www.scss.tcd.ie/Doug.Leith/pubs/contact_tracing_app_traffic.pdf

No.comment

4 Likes

Hopefully, French authorities didn’t care about EU’s recommendations and build there own centralized app. (StopCovid). For our security, I presume :joy:

In the same time, they drop “HealthCare” (a new centralized health data file) on M$ cloud… :crazy_face:

1 Like

From what I understood, any decision by the French government to build their own app would only matter, if it was completely independent from the exposure notification API, i.e. would be usable on a phone without the Google Play Services.

So it seems, microG now features a preliminary exposure notification API. See: https://www.reddit.com/r/MicroG/comments/i3334p/microg_now_includes_a_preliminary_implementation/

Now, what does this mean for /e/? While many people seem very much opposed to allowing for this framework, to others (this may or may not include me, not sure yet) not doing so may just be a dealbreaker. It seems a divisive issue so I am curious to learn more.

Will the microG update be implemented in /e/ at all? Can you say, at what point the update will be available?

2 Likes

I really think this whole microg thing needs to be deepened

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.