Getting started - sharing calendar and contacts

Yes, it’s normal, there are issues waiting for resolving since a year. The dev’s are using all resources for upgrade tests from nougat to pie.

Fair enough. I am confident that you are appropriately prioritizing :smile:

1 Like

Hi @harvey186, me again :slight_smile:
My wife’s evil Android phone is working (actually did the factory reset on that one as well). So now I want to give her access to my calendar and contacts. I found the etar app on Google Play but I was wondering what she can use to see my contacts, because both etar and SimpleCalendar are only calendars, right? I guess that for a large part of the potential /e/ target customers, it is critical to be able to share with people who stick to evil phones.
Thanks in advance,
Peter

Ok, that’s easy because it’s your wife who should get access.

You need to install the DAVx5 from f-droid on her phone. Than you have to create under ‘settings’ / 'accounts" a new DAVx5 account with

After creation you can select which calender / contacts should be synced

Now she has full access to your data via calendar or contacts app

Edit: regarding security/privacy. Sure using a goolag phone and app is not so good, but sometimes you have to dance with the devil and because the appointments and contacts are stored on edrive it’s acceptable. Us there no custom rom like lineageOS for her device ?

1 Like

Hi @harvey186
I would like to download DAVx5 but it fails to download in GooglePlay. I am stuck…
:cry:

Why goolag ? Use f-droid https://f-droid.org/app/at.bitfire.davdroid

Well I have already paid.
I thought GooglePlay was the only way to download it!

Paid :cry: I would never recommending a paid app, because than it’s from goolag :confused:

OK, I must add it was peanuts, 3,99 €.
I thought fdroid was another OS! (I apologize for my ignorance). I misunderstood!
I now installed fdroid then downloaded davx5 successfully.

All no problem. The most important thing is that in the end it works😉

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.