Gigaset GS290- screen broken /// écran fissuré / cassé

FRENCH VERSION BELOW / Version francaise ci-dessous

Hello everybody,

I’m located in Paris, I bought the /e/ Gigaset290 only a couple of weeks ago and dropped it.
I’ve called I don’t how many repair centers and no one even knows about Gigaset.
Could you help me out please with a repair shop that can replace Gigaset smartphone screens?
Thanks a LOT!

Bonjour à tous,

J’ai acheté un téléphone Gigaset GS290 et je l’ai fait tomber (écran fissuré). J’ai appelé je ne sais pas combien de magasins à Paris et ils ne connaissent même pas Gigaset.
Est-ce qu’une bonne âme pourrait me donner l’adresse d’un magasin où ils réparent des téléphones portable Gigaset s’il vous plaît?

Merci mille fois!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,
Pl send a mail to support@e.email with the purchase details…the team should be able to help you.

Hey. Same problem happened to me. Any news on how to fix the screen for this particular model ?And even how to order one replacement official screen ? I’d really appreciate some help guys. Thanks

I contacted Gigaset, they gave me the list of official repair offices.
I contacted the french one, they refused to handle my devices because it was not with an official android :-/
So I sent it in Germany, to phone-service Reparatur Ihres Gigaset-Gerät inkl.5€ Erstattung der Einsendekosten : the service … is perfect !
The total cost was 120€, 15€ to send from France to Germany, 90€ for the repair, and 15€ for an over cost to send it back in France. Total delay : 10 days, but 8 for the travels, they repair it in less than 2 days after its reception !

1 Like

Hi folks, so I got the exact same problem. Dropped the Gigaset gs290, and the screen cracked horribly despite having a screen guard. Emailed Gigaset and they flat-out told me they don’t sell screens anywhere to anyone, period. Problem is - I’m currently in the UK so shipping it to Germany to get it fixed with a third party is going to be a serious pain. If I can get the screen though, then I get someone here in the UK to fix it.

So: do any of you folks know where I can get a screen?

I don’t mind if the sellers are based in the EU as I can get a friend to collect when they travel to the EU for me (logistics for repairing in the EU is a bigger issue as you can imagine though).

L’écran de mon GS290 enfin réparé remis en service ce jour,
après de nombreuses recherches impossible de trouver un dépanneur (officiel ou non)
meme phone-service indiqué ci-dessus ne propose plus l’échange d’écran.
Douloureux de constater qu’un produit de 3 ans n’est plus réparable !!

Comme l’écran était sorti de son logement, je me suis mis à la recherche d’écran suivant la référence…
et >Bingo< j’ai trouvé (en chine biensur)
donc lien pour ceux qui seraient intéressés
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004902904938.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef5e5bktn1WG&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

Après mon réparateur local a procédé au remplacement de l’écran Monsieur Informatique

L’écran est légèrement moins colorié mais la luminosité reste conforme

ENGLISH
The screen on my GS290 finally repaired and back in service today,
after many searches, I couldn’t find a repair shop (official or not)
even phone-service mentioned above no longer offers screen exchange.
Painful to see that a 3-year-old product can no longer be repaired!

As the screen had come out of its housing, I started looking for a screen according to the reference…
and >Bingo< I found it (in China of course)
so link for those interested
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005004902904938.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.21ef5e5bktn1WG&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

After my local repairman replaced the screen Monsieur Informatique

The screen is slightly less colorful but the brightness is still correct