Gigaset GS5 with /e/OS

Bump. I’ve extracted all the patitions of my rephone (which I believe is just a sustainable version of Gigaset GS5). I’m reluctant to post it here because it might contain sensitive data like IMEIs but any developer interested can message me and I’ll hand over a download.

I’ve also posted/paraphrased a how to root/extract firmware yourself guide on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-gigaset-gs5-rephone-root-with-magisk-unlock-bootloader.4534401/

Hope this can help in any way. I’ll give the /e/OS GSI’s a shot and report back
Happy Holidays!

Hi @astolfoaddict,
I assume that a /e/OS “Q” GSI will not run on an Android 12 device. But I would be very happy to be proven wrong. I’m very curious about your experiences with your rephone.
Happy Holdidays!

oh yeah, i did not realize that. you’re right - it doesn’t seem to work, upon boot it just launches me into fastboot mode. oh well, other aosp GSIs seem to work though so I guess that’s an alternative

Gigaset GS5 would be a super addition to the group of supported /e/OS mobiles

1 Like

The Gigaset GS5 Lite would be lovely to have. The more the merrier.

1 Like

I would be happy if e/OS/ would support the Gigaset GS5 Lite. I just ordered it. It is made in Germany and has a replaceable battery. I think it gets updates until 10/2024, but what good is that to me without privacy.

It still has a jack and a card slot. I got the Pixel 5 with /e/, a good device and everything working fine except: no cardslot and no jack. Adapter for in-ears doesn’t work, so my Shure ears are jobless now.
Husband is satisfied with Gigaset GS290 except one thing: echo cancellation during calls. So we would like to see /e/ on a GS5.