Gigaset GX290 plus rugged Murena phone?

I would love to buy rugged Murena phone from eshop. Please make it happen.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

2 Likes

The GX290+ does not compare with anything else I have seen so far in the mobile phone market and I have seen a lot… You recognize the difference once you hold it in your hand.

I own a GX290 plus now for a while and it is the only real outdoor phone I have seen so far. Not to compare with any Samsung or equivalent. IP86 is one thing, MIL STD 810 G is just another level. Alloy frame, power bank functionality, wireless charging - all there. I use it on my offroad motorcycle for all kind of purposes under ALL conditions.

If I just could get rid of the preinstalled OS and use the beloved e.foundation just like on my FP3+

If e.foundation would make an official image, I would support this by purchasing another e Backer worth 128€. :grin:

BR
Uwe

2 Likes

I’m waiting until e/os brings a phone across the Atlantic to the US that supports VoWifi. The gigaset GX290 also ticks all of the boxes for me. Awesome phone and without Google. Count me in !

Count me in. I will buy one from the shop replacing my GS290

I am starting this request to show my strong interest in supporting this phone. It’s made in Germany is rugged and probably easy to do as the GS290 is already supported and the internals are similar. Thank you!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

1 Like

I would love to see an /e/OS for the GX290 too.