Gigaset GX290 Plus

As you can read in Gigaset GX290 Plus - #13 by Howie, there is some difference … :wink:
So, /e/ could not be build on this device unless Gigaset release complete sources.
It’s a quite new device, so I think we just have to be patient and wait for it !

Sorry, i was thinking about gs290<–>gx290

2 Likes

Following this url to the files the title of the freecloud page is “gx290” not “gx290 plus”.
This is confusing me, (and maybe others) are there files for “gx290 3GB+32GB” ?

any more news on this? i just order a gx290+. someone has a build for it?

Hello Gajus,

I have been using it on GX290+ for nine months now without updating. Flashing was difficult and I recommend to check for restore path before starting your journey.

Best regards

Sebastian

@Santos @Gajus @sax if you are still into it: I managed to update the build instructions for v0.23-r. You may download the result. Kindly be aware that I had trouble with bootloops and boot verity. I cannot exactly recall what I did in the end.

1 Like

I would like to try, please provide the password for freecloud, or remove it :slight_smile:

Keeps booting, so something is wrong.
But recovery now works.
Any sideload idea’s ?

Yes, I follow the instructions, fastboot flash all 3 files.
Sideload the .zip give me an error:

I guess this device GX290 is not compatible with GX290+ may different layout of partitions…

Could you please provide these images?

Sebastian Schoeller via /e/ community community@e.email schreef op 14 mei 2022 10:03:58 CEST:

You 've got your answer :

Yes yes yes, it works:
sideloaded e-0.23-r-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-GX290.zip

I’m happy, finally can start to use this phone. Thanks to all of you who helped!

@Gajus
I am glad it worked out for you. Please describe (for others to use) the exact working order you used for your GX290+

My phone is a GX290 (not plus)
These are the step I took:
First I went back to stock Android version 9.

Update to first version of 10 (it takes 3 updates): Gigaset_GX290_10.0_V08_20200617_20200617-1948

reboot to recovery (vol-up + power)

select reboot to bootloader

some users will need to ‘sudo’ each command.

…/platform-tools/fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
…/platform-tools/fastboot flash system system.img
…/platform-tools/fastboot flash boot boot.img
…/platform-tools/fastboot reboot recovery
#wait to you see Recovery to continue
Apply update - apply from ADB
…/platform-tools/adb sideload e-0.23-r-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-GX290.zip
From the recovery menu select Factory Reset.
Format data + Format cache partition
Reboot system now.

3 Likes

@Gajus thanks. For complementary purposes please kindly document your adb version too.

Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41
Version 30.0.5-6877874

1 Like

Sorry for the necrobump, guys.

@schoeller @Gajus Do any of you still have the custom build e-0.23-r-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-GX290.zip perchance? I would very much appreciate a reupload to a more stable file hosting service such as mega.nz as the file has been taken down since.

I left a message for Sebastian on GitHub before but figured another one here wouldn’t hurt. I’m sure others would still like to try installing /e/ OS on the GX290 (non-plus version) but don’t want to go to the trouble of installing Ubuntu just to create their own build. Anyway, your help would be appreciated.

Many thanks for the quick reply and for reuploading the file! Already grabbed it.

I’ll give it a shot with your method now.

@Gajus Which files are you flashing with the fastboot command? That is, where did you get these IMGs from?

…/platform-tools/fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
…/platform-tools/fastboot flash system system.img
…/platform-tools/fastboot flash boot boot.img
…/platform-tools/fastboot reboot recovery

I am under the impression that these are to be flashed after I downgraded to Android 9 and after I updated three times to the first Android 10 version (from within Android I guess) but before e-0.23-r-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-GX290.zip comes into play (which you have to adb sideload after all that and which only has a boot.img but not recovery.img or system.img).

My guess is these three IMGs are from the /e/ OS build for the GS290 (https://images.ecloud.global/stable/GS290/) but I’d rather ask you than bricking my phone. If this is indeed the source for these IMGs, which build version did you use?

Sorry, total noob here. >_<

Thanks for the upload.

But it seems the system.img is still missing here? Your wetransfer_boot-recovery-system_2023-05-16_1832.zip only has boot.img and recovery.img, and e-0.23-r-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-GX290.zip doesn’t have the system.img either (which is probably not needed in there anyway?).

I’ve successfully downgraded and then updated to the Android Q version you recommended (Gigaset_GX290_10.0_V08_20200617_20200617-1948). But now that I have to fastboot flash the IMGs, I’d like to stick to your method as closely as possible. It seems all you did is flash those three IMGs, then after the reboot recovery do adb sideload e-0.23-r-20220512-UNOFFICIAL-GX290.zip - which seems easy enough. But the fact that I seem to be missing the system.img and that the two ZIP files you uploaded seem light compared to the official GS290 /e/ build makes me a little nervous. :confused:

As for the stable file hosting: sure, I’ll gladly upload all the files to a long-term hosting service and compile them in a single post once I’m done with the process.