Google migration completed to Murena Cloud apps, but not to Fairphone 4

The title basically says it all. It has been a couple of days since I installed /e/OS on my Fairphone 4, and upgraded my Murena Cloud account. My migration from Google appears to have completed. The Murena Cloud apps are showing what they should, but the changes are not yet reflected in my phone’s Gallery and Files apps in particular. What do I need to do to get this working?

haven’t used the Google migration before - where do photos end up? not all folders are taken into account, see https://doc.e.foundation/support-topics/edrive-sync-details.html

Last I remember, content inside those folders from Cloud will be pulled down to the device if they’re unknown to the device (and weren’t uploaded from the device in the past, then deleted on the device).

There’s a longer thread on the then behaviour where user molej gave a longer comment that goes through some scenarios. Users seem to demand full bidirectional sync, something that isn’t there yet. The code that drives the synchronisation is changing, so things might be different 1-2 months from now.

1 Like