Google - Pixel 3 - blueline - Documentation Suggestions

…Enter suggestions to improve documentation in this category. Do not raise bugs or issues here…

This may apply to all Pixels:

In the Requirements section of the installation instructions there is this…

Caution: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is on the latest Android Stock firmware. This can be done by checking for any OTA updates available in the Updater. If available run them before installing /e/OS”

The Pixels are on Android 12 now. Should the instructions specify installation over latest Android 11 update?

2 Likes

Good point. This is a problem across multiple devices. Will have the instructions updated for the blueline

1 Like

Hallo Mr. Manoj

Thank you for your great work! I’m following your posts since approx 1 year but without a community account. This is my first post.

I know this is not a Q&A talk but i think my question fits here the best.
My Pixel 3 is actually on Android 10 and the updater suggest an update to Android 12 and i cant find a way to update to V11. Please give an advice how to go forward.

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @Sterero, the update to stock should happen on the latest build of the same version you plan to install. The /e/OS is on R, so you will need the latest Android 11 stock. You should be able to manually download the blueline 11 stock rom from the vendor site. Unfortunately, I do not have the link to the vendor site. Do not update to Android 12 as then most probably /e/ R will not work on top of it.

2 Likes

I would advise flashing the stock rom version number: 11.0.0 (RQ3A.211001.001, Oct 2021). This is the last available Android 11 from google.

Here is the link to the google services source page

Instructions are at the top of the page. You will probably notice the instructions say that “it’s typically easier and safer to sideload the full ota instead” but further on it says to make sure there are no pending updates. For this reason it may be better to flash the factory image.

It’s quite straightforward and just involves putting your phone in fastboot mode and running a flashingscript with one command.

If you need further help, please open a fresh topic and I’ll help you there. :grinning:

3 Likes

Thank you @Manoj and @chrisrg

It worked :+1:

1 Like

Hello,
On the install page, the link to the recovery image in wrong, it points to the eOS image.