Gps trouble on samsung S4

Have a look in ‘Settings’ of device. there you will find MicroG. It’s the replacement for goolag play service. There you can setup the location provider

Ok, great
it told me that the geolocation is not activated but I cannot do it by cliking on the tick box… it won’t “tick it”

Your are in SelfTest, aren’t you ?

Scroll down in main microG screen. At bottom you will find the UnifiedNLP. You can push it and than you can set it up

everything but mozilla stumbler is “on”
all data source are onnominatim is on and the API server used is OSM…

what is “selfTest” ?

selftest is the first point in the main microG page.

Do you have BlissLauncher ? If yes, is the weather widget working ?

and better using MapQuest. I’m always having trouble with OSM

Is the seftest in microG shown like this

yes I do have Blisslauncher
but it have trouble sometimes, and it shutdown and restart alone
meteo widget seems to work…

No , the self test did not give this result…
the 3rd box is not ticked (network-base location enabled)

Ok,pls check this

I gat the same configuration as you gat

Ok, the last you can check. If that’s also the same I think you should create an issue on github

And the permissions of the app you are using

my interface donc look at all as yours but it seems to be configured the same…
I don’t know why, but my computer at my job did not recognise my phone and my mail don’t seem to be working neither…
do you think I should downlaod somthing for my phone to be visible on the computer ?

cause I would like to post some screen shot but it seems hard if the phone is not recognised and the mail don’t work…

whatever, I really appreciate your help !!!
thanks a lot !

When you plug the phone to a computer, a silent notification comes in your phone. Click on it and select “Files transfer” instead of “Charge only”.

Please try a weather app like MyWeather from f-droid and search for your location. After the app has found your location the missing tick will shown in selftest

hi, I really appreciate your help ! many thanks

I can’t find a “myweather” app from f-droid on the app store or on the f-droid web site, the only myweather app are from other brand…
I’am trying “your local weather” from f-droid and it works…
in french, selftest told me that I need to install a “géocodeur” !
any advise will be appreciate because I don’t find easelly informations about one who will work with /e/ !
thanks

I think you are meaning the last point?

As you can see, on.my device it’s als unticked. But gps is working fine for me.

Sorry, don’t know any else to do.

yes, it’s exactly the same
but GPS is probably working too on mine because now I can see that “maps” from /e/ is now working, but waze isn’t…

I just have installed waze and it was showing my location out of the box.

One hint: You know that waze has goolag and facebook trackers ??

yes I know, I just download waze quickly because I needed a GPS for a meeting the first day after I install /e/ on my phone, I no longer want to use it, but I want it to work to be sure that all my GPS and other stuff are working well !

Ah, OK, You should also try OSM from f-droid. It’s also a great Maps app with routing

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.