GS290 easy-installer stops

@Dontworry two things: which operating system does your computer run?
And could you upload the log file of the previous (failed) attempt? Where to find the file is described in Howto troubleshoot issues with the easy-installer

Concerning the download failure, I keep this bookmarked! Status .ecloud.global. The servers are reported up atm. Perhaps keep trying, then report on a new thread if Easy Installer cannot be downloaded.

I do not have GS290 or an Easy Installer supported phone, so cannot answer the detail you ask. My point was just that you should be familiar with the bootloader mechanism, so that you would recognise a prompt where your reaction was required, or that you would more easily spot the point you are getting stuck.

@ Ingo_FP_Angel
I use Windows 10.
I downloaded and implemented “Easy” Installer again. When coming to the “fastboot section” of the “Easy” Installer, I plugged the phone off, restarted it in fastboot mode (power + vol.up) and connected again: no effect, the “Easy” Installer shows no progress.
I tried to find the logfile, but the path in the description/link you mentioned is too unspecific. My system can’t find the location. Can you name the specific directory?

Ah, you are on Windows 10 and the “fastboot step” doesn’t work as expected.
That is typically caused by missing drivers in windows.
Here is a howto for installing them: [HOWTO] Fairphone 3/3+ stuck in fastboot/bootloader mode with the Easy Installer on Windows

The location for the log file is in the user’s profile directory so it’s different for different people. %LOCALAPPDATA% works for every user name and windows version (and can be entered into the location bar of the file manager).

Assuming you Windows account name is also “dontworry”, the location on Windows 10 will be

C:\Users\dontworry\AppData\Local\easy-installer

Yes, you are right. I looked at systems/settings / optional updates again and the system shows now Mediatek drivers to install. After installing the drivers, the Easy Installer runs through smoothly. I guess that for Win10 it takes a while until the system realizes that drivers are missing. Thank you for your support.

1 Like

Hi, no.
If u want to have a locked bootloader u need to install e with easy installer.
KR

Yes. No warning & delay during boot.

Don’t do it manually.

Why not? The easy-installer just issues the same commands from the install instructions one would do manually.

Of course, locking the bootloader will wipe the data (both with installer as well as manual install).