GSI for not yet supported treble phones [2020/06/14]

No way. The sync starts and after a while it fails.

Could you try the ‘normal’ build to get the ‘normal’ sourcen/source tree (the build itself you can skip) and than your GSI scripts with this source sources/tree?
You will see, it will fail.

OK, I have cloned manually all from manifest.xml into my existing sources and have started ‘bash treble_build_los/buildbot_treble.sh’

here you can see the complete ‘build log’
https://del.dog/egoohomele.go

no way to build GSI with the real e sources

There seem to be an issue with
vendor/qcom/opensource/cryptfs_hw/Android.bp

can you send me the content of this file ?

OK, here the file https://del.dog/cryptsf.txt

By the way, the manifest.xml has a wrong entry. In last line have the revision was missing. At has to be changed to:

It seems my GSI build(s) will finish in the night successfully. Is there any option for the buildbot for building only arm64 a-only GSI ? Or any other option?

OK, I have a arm64 ab device

I have flashed via TWRP the arm64beN.img

But device boots only to fastboot.

I have wiped data / cache / system
I have NOT wiped vendor

1 Like

how did you wipe data ? The best is to perform a full wipe: format data (you will loose your internal storage as well)

1 Like

In the meantime I get it running on my nitrogen device. But it’s automatically encryped /data and I don’t know how to unlock via TWRP ??
Do you know the enrypted passwort or how I can prefent encryption ?

ok two persons are complaining about the encryption, I will disable it

How can I disble it an my existing device / installation??

you will build new without default encryption ?? Or let me know where to change what and I will (try) build for my own

build from scatch failed:
[ 80% 4/5] glob kernel/phh/treble/phhgsi_arm64_ab/include/**/*
[ 0% 16/103948] build /home/ich/eGSI/out/target/common/obj/all-event-log-tags.txt
FAILED: /home/ich/eGSI/out/target/common/obj/all-event-log-tags.txt
/bin/bash -c “build/make/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py -o /home/ich/eGSI/out/target/common/obj/all-event-log-tags.txt frameworks/base/core/java/android/app/admin/SecurityLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/content/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/net/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/os/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/speech/tts/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/android/webkit/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/app/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/internal/logging/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/server/DropboxLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/core/java/org/chromium/arc/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/packages/SettingsProvider/src/com/android/providers/settings/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/packages/SystemUI/src/com/android/systemui/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/base/services/core/java/com/android/server/am/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/ex/common/java/com/android/common/GoogleLogTags.logtags frameworks/native/services/surfaceflinger/EventLog/EventLogTags.logtags frameworks/opt/telephony/src/java/com/android/internal/telephony/EventLogTags.logtags packages/apps/Settings/src/com/android/settings/EventLogTags.logtags packages/providers/CalendarProvider/src/com/android/providers/calendar/EventLogTags.logtags packages/providers/ContactsProvider/src/com/android/providers/contacts/EventLogTags.logtags packages/services/Telephony/src/com/android/phone/EventLogTags.logtags system/bt/main/…/EventLogTags.logtags system/core/liblog/event.logtags system/core/libsysutils/EventLogTags.logtags system/core/logcat/event.logtags system/core/logd/event.logtags system/core/storaged/EventLogTags.logtags”
File “build/make/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py”, line 51
except getopt.GetoptError, err:

i just want to say i think it’s great you guys are making this work! This will be such a good step forward for /e/ in terms of supported devices. Thanks for all your time and effort!!

1 Like

could you pls start a new build WITHOUT root ??
The encryption issue I have solved. So I only need a unrooted version.
I would build be my own, but I can’t find a solution for the python error

File “build/make/tools/merge-event-log-tags.py”, line 51
except getopt.GetoptError, err:
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Thx in advanced

1 Like

Please try:
python 2.7 by default Ubuntu 18.08.4

OK, with ubuntu 18.04 it’S working. WTF, so I have wasted hours and hours because on wrong distro :frowning:

But anyway. Thanks for help

1 Like

short update. After 11 hours building I have created ONE GSI without root, installed it and … bingo, my banking apps is working

5 Likes

@harvey186 can you pls sum the steps to create a successful build (just short, so I have a lead)? I tried my existing tree, but as you experienced this fails. If I understand correct we must start a clean source tree?

If you start from PIE folder it should work with existing sources.
I have used clean sources to ensure it will work.

I (and Thilo also) have used this way:

git clone https://github.com/phief/e_gsi_localmanifest .repo/local_manifests

After cloning the manifest you have to change the last line
and add ‘master’

project path=“treble_experimentations” name=“treble_experimentations” remote=“phh” revision=“master”/>

repo init -u https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/android.git -b v1-pie

repo sync -j2

bash /treble_build_los/buildbot-treble.sh

2 Likes

you should have a look into the buildbot-treble.sh.

There you can define with root or without. Search for (WITH_SU=true)

and the GSI will encrypt your device WITHOUT a know password. So no way to access via TWRP.
If you don’t won’t it. I have a way to decrypt

Thx for the information, I don’t have a treble device yet :wink: but I’m interested in FP3 and I want to make sure I can build for it. I assume the FP3 GSI is build this way also…