Gta4lwifi "package requires firmware from an Android 12 based stock ROM build."

For some odd reason, whenever i try to install /E/ OS on my Galaxy Tab A7 in twrp and in sideloading, i always get this error: “package requires firmware from an Android 12 based stock ROM build.” It is so annoying since i already have stock Android 12 installed. I dont get it. The zip im installing is also Android T (13), btw. I would really appreciate some help for this, since i have no idea what to do.

Also, Lineage OS 20 have installed without any issues in the past.

Hi @hattie97 welcome to the /e/ forum

I am basing my answer on the full error being:

ERROR: This package requires firmware from an Android 12 based stock ROM build. Please upgrade firmware and retry!

Perhaps you could share the details from (may vary slightly by device) Settings > About phone > Software information. Significant details are

• Baseband version
  • Security software version.

It seems likely that you are not on the very latest “matching” [see below] Software revision; you could check from one of these sources

• (a quick search suggests that the latest correct [see below] software revision might have been Aug/Sept 2023)

The error which I quoted is arising from line 2 of the unzipped ROM e-2.1-t-20240605406922-dev-gta4lwifi/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script

assert(samsung.verify_trustzone("XF.5.1-01015-1") == "1" || abort("ERROR: This package requires firmware from an Android 12 based stock ROM build. Please upgrade firmware and retry!"););

A similar issue is recorded here Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 error 7 trustzone

Security software version: ASKS v6.0 Release 20230216
ADP 3.1 Release 20230510
SMR Jan-2024 Release 1

I couldn’t find my baseband version though…

Below is some practical information from the Galaxy Tab A7 (2020) SM-T505 and SM-T500:

:x: No clean installation of v2.1 possible - T500XXS7CXB1

:bangbang:The solution to the problem :arrow_forward:

. . .

Did you try Search within Settings?

From the device tree for Android 13 (T), it looks like /e/OS builds expects T500XXS6CWI2. The use of T500XXS7CXB1 (if you find that you have that) is expected for Android 14 (U) not yet available in /e/OS.

It may be to your advantage not to Upgrade your current Samsung version until you are sure of the existing baseband version.

T500XXS6CWI2 = Stock Android 12
T500XXS7CXB1 = Stock Android 12

d/e/v only needs to integrate the current identifier of version T500XXS7CXB1 Stock Android 12 Release Date February 2024 in its builds, and d/e/OS-T will no longer block the installation.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.