Half of the display is black due to a software error

Hey everyone,
since two months or so, my phone has half its display black. After restarting, everything is good again, but it happens again and again. Anyone has an idea why? You can see what I mean on the photo.
I use 0.23-20220401175185 with Android 10 on an Galaxy S9.
sandroid

Go back to BlissLauncher, then re-enable OpenLauncher
Could be a way to restore your screen.

Thanks piero. How do I reactivate BlissLauncher first?
sandroid

Settings → default apps ?

Yeah, that worked. Thank you, piero. If it comes back again, I just have to do the same thing, or can I fix it somehow?

So, the problem can be resolved with pieros hint, but it accours again every few days. Is it possible to resolve it? Thank you :slight_smile:

Did you already try

Settings > Apps and notifications > Show all apps > (if necessary also, top right 3 dot menu) > Show system >

• Bliss Launcher > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache
  • Trebuchet > Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

Just tested – no harm was done in my default launcher, Lawnchair.

I guess you could similarly Clear cache on your default launcher. (As a last resort consider Clear data.)

Different but linking FYI

Just tried it, will let you know, if it helps :slight_smile:

Hey aibd,
it worked, but after using the camera, it still occours. What does “Clear data” do? Also, I use the system in German, is it the left button?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Clear data will delete any customisations; I am guessing because a launcher does not really hold many other details !

As a last resort consider Clear data

Is probably wording it a bit strongly, I really only meant do it after your own consideration of any customisations you might have made. In general (as a clue) clearing data will make the app behave like it was newly installed, logins and any settings saved by the app will be gone.

Storage & cache > Clear storage | Clear cache

Clear Data/Storage on the left; Clear Cache on the right
Screenshot_20220504-080821_Einstellungen

Unfortunately, this also did not help. Do you maybe have an idea for an alternative launcher? OpenLauncher seems not to work on my phone :smiley: Maybe s.th. that is still maintained.

I am happy with Lawnchair 2; others have recommended Omega, https://www.xda-developers.com/omega-launcher-lawnchair-fork/.

Trying Neo Launcher now :slight_smile:

I am now using “Rootless Pixel Launcher” and everything works fine :slight_smile: Wasn’t the case before.