Help installing /e/ on LG G5

Hello,

I have an LG G5 but hear that only certain variations of this device work with /e/. I did not unlock the bootloader in time before LG G5 stopped that option. Will a model 988 and h830 Android 8 work for installing /e/?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

hi @CodexAG, welcome to this forum.

Capture d’écran du 2024-03-29 04-37-47

https://doc.e.foundation/devices

1 Like

Since the bootloader is not unlocked, there is no offizial option to replace the operating system based on stock Android 8.0.0 with /e/OS-T or LineageOS 21.0

LG Termnation of LG Mobile Developer website service

1 Like

Thank you. Can I still unlock the bootloader somehow on the h830 or h850 to flash /e/?

I have Android 7.

Thank you. But even though I missed the opportunity to officially unlock the bootloader, is there an unofficial way… Can I still unlock the bootloader somehow on the h830 or h850 to flash /e/?

I have Android 7.

Thanks for the welcome.

Is there some way (even unofficial) to unlock the bootloader of the h830 variant of the LG G5 to then flash /e/?

I have heard it can be done with Lineage if have Android 7 ( which i do), but would like to know if can be done with /e/…

I’m thinking theoretically if bootloader can still be unlocked with h830 then shouldn’t the same steps apply to /e/ for the flash?

Thank you.

1 Like