How do I set up my /e/ account for sync?

I think I started right: Settings -> Users & Accounts -> Add account -> /e/.

I entered my e.email address (username@e.email) and password and tapped LOGIN. It thought for a long time and then reported it had failed.

There’s a debug log, it’s huge. Is there something in particular in it that would help someone who knows more than me diagnose the problem?

Hi @songdog are you able to log in to your account here

is your user name in lower case letters ? because you MUST enter the user name in lower case letters. If your user name is like PeterPan@e.email, you have to enter: peterpan@e.email

Thanks - @Manoj nailed it. I can log in just fine from my laptop, where I saved the password in Firefox. When I entered the password on my phone, I misremembered it. I looked it up on my laptop and entered it correctly, now sync says it’s set up. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Next question, now - when I go to Users & accounts, there are separate accounts listed for “/e/” and “/e/ Address book.” But the “/e/” account sync settings list “Address books”. Is there a difference?

no, it isn’t. I don’t know why there is this extra address book ‘account’, but it’s OK, it’s created automatically

1 Like

Hi all.
Same problem here

I’m sure either of the pwd, and of the account name (they both work on browser)

I also tried the access with https://e.email
as server name - the proposed default- ,but to no avail.

I get an answer of “no caldav carddav services found”.

I’m surely doing something wrong, but I can’t see what

Add ONLY user name and password.
Leave Server URL blank

For ecloud you do not need to add the server name.

Just the complete /e/ email ID ( username@e.email) and password is enough.

The Use a sprecific server is to be filled when you want to specify a nextcloud or other self hosted cloud instance.

My fault. I was not clear enough.

Adding user.name@e.email and pwd was my first attempt, reiterated right now, but the results are exactly the same.

*user.name" minuscule and with the dot, mimic my account name

do you running any firewall, tracker blocker or something else running in the background ?

I have Blokada and TrackerControl installed, but I’m not so sure they are properly working. I’m in the learning phase

Both can’t work together, because both want use a vpn, but only one vpn is allowed.
I prefer removing blockada. In TC yiu can better see and decide which app should block which tracker.

And without blokada and active TC your sync setup shoukd work

Blokada turned off. TC on
Same behaviour as before
Blokada off TC off
The same.

I have Signal in background: could it be that ?

Edit.
I also have my own WebDAV account that is working properly with contacts and calendars but not with tasks. As far as I understand reading in this forum, Tasks app can work only locally and possibly with an/e/ account

I’ve probably found the culprit. DAV5x. I installed it because I was not able to connect to my WebDAV with the preinstalled app.

From DAV5x I can add my \e\ account, and see my calendar, but neither my notes or tasks (these last the ones I was most interested into).