How to deal with the app store alternatives?

Hello every one, Ive just installed /e/ os the last week on my galaxy S9, and I very proud of it. Thank you very much for all team to make this dream comes true ! GOOGLE FREE :heart_eyes:

The thing is I need apps. As I didn’t find all my wishes on the official app store, I try to install yalp store, without sucess, unable to start the application. Then I try F-Droid, which works well but it seems its catalog is smaller than the official /e/ store. Finally I discover Aurora store, and what a surprise for a newbie like me, this is the perfect mirror of the Google play store ! I succeed to download some nice apps but after several visites the store seems to be unstable, I can wait several minutes/hours before getting homepage.
Do you expriment the same trouble with it ? Is it a configuration issue or its just because /e/ os still in bêta ? Is there os something special to do ?

Generally, Is there someone who can run yalp or Aurora without any troubles ?

If you have some tips, I will appreciate it a lot !
Best regards,
Thanks,

3 Likes

I use F-Droid with added IzzyOnDroid repository to reduce the need in Goolag Play. For this reason, I don’t go to the Aurora very often, but can tell you that it’s generally stable enough, although temporary breakdowns have sometimes occurred.

4 Likes

I never had any luck with Yalp so I just gave up on it and Aurora had been working flawlessly for me until the past day or so on 3 different devices (not all on /e/), all seem to be having an issue. Might be an aurora thing not specifically your device

IzzyOnDroid is great :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Soon after Aurora’s moving to a whole new v3, there was a problem with overloading of dummy accounts, which was just not enough for everyone. I can assume that this is a weak spot of its concept, and troubles may arise again here.

Just checked on the telegram, confirms the anonymous token dispenser is down at the moment.

2 Likes

Thank you e.follower and b3po, I didn’t know Izzydroid, I will check :blush:
About Aurora, if the anonymous account is unavailable I better understand why I can’t access thoses last days…

Anonymous token dispenser for Aurora is back up and working again! @kuzu

1 Like

Yalp works fine for me, as long as i sign in with my own Google account. The anonymous version often does not work. If you’re worried about them knowing your data, just make a bogus Google account without your real name and use that!

1 Like