About my phone : I use a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (Zeroltexx) with the system version 0.7-2020021541379
The trouble : The “recent apps” button is activated randomly without me touching it, leading to two possible situations :
- displaying recent apps
- opening two apps in split screen
This already used to happen when the phone wasn’t running /e/. (Android stock firmware is what I think it is called ?) This is apparently a known issue of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Also, a clean /e/ install does not fix it, nor running the phone in safe mode.
- What I tried to do : Disabling the “recent apps” button by first
- rooting my phone (SuperSU)
- installing Total Commander file manager, granting it root access
- Going into File system root / system / usr / keylayout / Generic.kl
- Opening Generic.kl as a text file and editing it in the following way : adding a # before key 580 APP_SWITCH, and finally saving the file, which I was told would disable it. This did not work, the button keeps self-activating.
I also tried using button remapping apps, but none of them fixed the problem.
- What I need your help for : Could someone suggest a way to disable this “recent apps” button for good or even better, fix it so it does not self-activate ?
Many thanks !