How to get /e/OS 2.1 on GS290?

Hi,

I’m using the GS290 but am still stuck on /e/os 1…
how do I get the new version like this:
/e/OS 2.1-s-20240603406609-stable-GS290

Thank you!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the deGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi,
Simply download latest version using this OTA file :
e-2.2-s-20240715417774-stable-GS290.zip
(not IMG-e-2.2-s-20240715417774-stable-GS290.zip)
reboot to recovery mode, and apply the update.

thanks for the info, does it work from 1.7 to 2.2 too?

You do not say what you are running now, missing Android version, build type. How To give the complete version string.

Thanks for helping

Android 10
e-1.10-q-20230416280390-dev-GS290

is it possible to switch from dev to stable?

It is already a “big jump” from q to s.

Upgrades from q - r characteristically required format data.

I do not know the variance of dev and stable for this device. Without that certainty I would say that you should be prepared to follow official advice to format data.

So a back up of essentials is required.

I think @piero’s recommendation is based on the idea that linked stable ROM.zip is intended to be an OTA Upgrade (albeit intended r - s, stable to stable) so it so it is expected to do that Upgrade job.

So you might first study the install link which follows, in case you have to fall back to the official advice which would be to treat it as a “New install” as Install /e/OS on a Gigaset GS290 - “GS290”

Gigaset offers only Android 10, but how do I get Android 12 before installing e/os?

As long as you are sure that the GS290 never had a manufacturer’s Upgrade after Android 10, then that is what will be the foundation of all further /e/OS builds.

I notice that the install page makes no mention of returning to Stock ROM.