How to modify the adress of my contacts file from ecloud or from the e-mobile in order that synchronization can work

Hi dear support friends :heart_eyes:

I need help again, about the app-contacts.

Previously, I have to delete all my contacts because i have got them twice after 2nd import. So I found a way, deleting the original “Contacts” file from ecloud.
Then I recreated one other “Contacts” file, and import my contacts properly in it.
This is well done now.

The issue I have now :hot_face:is that SYNC don’t work whith my e-mobile.
I have an error “HTTP server error - HTTP 404” when syncing contacts.

With the debug file, I identified the problem :slight_smile:

I dont’t know how to modify this situation. :pray:

I don’t know how to modify the adress of my contacts file from ecloud or from the e-mobile in order that synchronization can work.

Can you help again please ?

Best regards
Céline

Pour ceux qui cherchent en français :slight_smile: le sujet est
"Comment modifier l’adresse du dossier de contacts, via e-cloud ou via le e-mobile, pour que la synchronisation avec le mobile fonctionne"

I think you should delete your your address book account on phone and set it up new. After setup you will ask, which address book should be synced

Than you can select your contacts-1 and everything will be fine :smiley:

Hi Harvey186

Thanks to reply

Nota bene for french users : The option to delete the Cardbook (Supprimer le carnet d’adresse), is available through the french label “Supprimer la collection”.

I had an error when trying to deete, but after, I got my contacts-1 cardbook !

Thank you :grinning:
Céline

En français :slight_smile:
L’option pour supprimer un carnet d’adresse depuis le e-mobile est disponible via le menu . . . à droite du carnet sous le label “Supprimer la collection”.

You can’t delete the account here

crazy :thinking::thinking::thinking:

But anyway, if it is now working for you, all is fine :joy: