How to pass "rebooting in bootloader mode" in Easy Installer

The step where the log does not proceed corresponds to

fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification boot boot.img

The only other topics I found that contained the same text (“Rewriting vbmeta struct at offset: 9797632”) are

But in both cases the problem was a locked bootloader, which was shown as an error message.
That shouldn’t affect you as the log shows a successful unlock.

Unfortunately I have no GS290 experience and no idea what to do here.
Looks like the installer is not able to flash files to the phone. It doesn’t seem to even start the transfer.

Thanks for translating the logs. At least we are one step further and know that the problem is in starting the file transfer.

@aibd do you maybe have any clue about what is going on up here?

That is really cool having a video. My brain is just processing that, saying it has a jump to make with lk.img.
:thinking:
Edit, and @underdog, we are using Easy Installer version is v0.12.2-bêta?

Probably a red herring, I briefly read the changelog previously, @Ingo_FP_Angel, nothing changed in the order of play?

Edit, with no answer, I would desist from using Easy Installer.
Do all you can to check your phone is running correctly.
To my mind both logs stop unexpectedly, without reporting the error.

The problem has been solved. Here is the documentation for anyone running Linux in Virtualbox on Mac:

For installing the latest version of ADB and Fastboot in Ubuntu check this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZDinK5zEtM
In the video you can see Kali Linux but the commands are the same as for Ubuntu.

For connecting your device to Virtualbox the right way follow these steps:

1. Go to the settings of your Linux virtual machine (in Virtualbox)
  2. Click on ports
  3. Add your phone as USB device by clicking the usb + icon.
  4. Restart your phone in fastboot mode (hold volume up + power).
  5. Add your USB device again. You will see it has a different name. Add it without deleting the other one.
  6. Download the latest version of the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack on your mac and install it.
  7. Go to the settings of your Linux VM once again and click the ports menu.
  8. A toggle appears. Switch from USB 1.1 to USB 3.0

Install Easy Installer using the instructions here on the website and you are ready to go!

@Ingo_FP_Angel @aibd Thanks again for your help! I have been using /e/ for half a day and it blows my mind. Awesome OS!

3 Likes