How to re-activate pre-installed apps such as Open Camera?

Hej there.
I deactivated the app Open Camera because this app showed errors with the camera. So I installed other camera apps with the hope I can properly take pictures. Meanwhile I know that I have to enable “Camera 2 API” in the settings of Open Camera, so I wanted to active and re-try it. Now my app store doesn’t let me install it. It shows the app OC and the button “Open” next to it but it’s not possible to press it neither find anything in the settings of the app store like “Re-activate apps” or whatever.
Does anybody know this kind of problem and can help?

Hi Heroltx,

Could you tell us what you did to deactivate the Open Camera app please?

as long as I remember it right (!) I swiped it to the screen part which says “Deinstall”. I mean there is the other possibility of “Remove”. So one of the two options I have definively chosen. (in my case it’s ‘Deinstallieren’ und ‘Entfernen’)

Hum OK, sorry I won’t be able to help you because on my phone I can’t deactivate or remove /e/ stock apps.

As you can see on my screenshot only the apps I installed can be deleted.

Thanks for trying to help. I have a totally different surface. I also don’t get why stock apps can be deinstalled.

1 Like

wait a little, a plain e without prebuilds will come. But by the way, I don’t know any rom where you can remove the default apps.

If you want delete a default app, boot in recovery, mount /system, open twrp file manager, go to /system/apps. There you will find all apps and you can delete the apk.

And now t your starting question: If an app get’s lost, flash e over top again without any wipe. Than all apps should be available again